Rego is one of those annual recurring household costs — ranging from $250 - $1,000 annually — that can't be avoided and nobody enjoys paying.
If you want to spread the cost of your rego by paying with a credit card, here's what you need to know.
Can you pay for rego with a credit card?
You can pay for rego with a credit card in every state. However, not every state accepts American Express cards.
Some states will apply a processing fee when paying with a credit card.
|State||Accepted credit card types|
|NSW||American Express, Mastercard, Visa|
|QLD||American Express, Mastercard, Visa|
A credit card processing fee may apply.
Before you pay for your Rego using a credit card, double check for any fees that may apply.
- Some states apply a fee to process credit card payments. This is not uniformly the case and varies between states.
- The purchase rate will apply if you do not pay the credit card's balance in full.
- Before paying with a credit card via BPAY, check that your bank will not process the transaction as a cash advance since this would mean paying interest and a cash advance fee.
Keep in mind
- Every state accepts Mastercard and Visa credit cards.
- American Express is not accepted universally.
- NSW accepts payment for rego and many other licenses and services via PayPal, but not big taxes like stamp duty.