Do you need to send money from Canada to a family member, friend, or business in Algeria?
Recipients get more dinar when you send money to Algeria from Canada with online international money transfer services because of their better exchange rates and lower transfer fees.
Need to transfer money to Algeria from Canada?
Best ways to send money to Algeria
Simplii Financial Global Money Transfer
- Get up to $300 when you send your first Global Money Transfer. Use promo code GMTEVENT to claim this offer. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Send $50,000 daily to over 130 countries without transfer fees.
- The only bank in Canada that provides Cash Pickup Service at $0 transfer fee. Send up to $2,000 per day and enjoy same-day delivery to over 40 countries.
- Use the code CASH when you send your first GMT cash pick up for $50 cashback
- Enjoy great exchange rates and low fees.
- Every transfer carries a delivery promise. Have your money delivered on time or get your money back.
- Safety and security. Remitly uses industry-standard security protocols and encryption.
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Algeria.
First time sending?
How to send money to Algeria from Canada
Money transfer services are a quick, easy, and inexpensive way to send money to Algeria from Canada. Here’s how they work.
- Choose a money transfer service. Look for a reliable and affordable money transfer service that can send money to Algeria. We only list trusted and regulated services here.
- Register for an account. Setting up your account only takes a few minutes to complete online.
- Configure the transfer. Enter the recipient’s full name, address, bank account number (if that’s where you want funds delivered), and how much money to send. Depending on the service you use, you may be able to select how funds will be delivered to the recipient, e.g. collection, mobile top-up, etc.
- Choose how you will pay for the transfer. Most services support several funding methods, with a bank transfer and debit card being the most widely accepted. Some accept credit cards and cash. How you fund the transfer may impact how long it takes overall for the money transfer to complete.
- Send the money and track the transfer. You can track the progress online. Send the reference number or shareable link to the recipient so they can track it too.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Algeria from Canada
- Service fee. How much a money transfer service charges to send money to Algeria depends on factors such as how much is being sent, the delivery method chosen, and the payment method used.
- Collection fee. It will cost extra for the recipient to collect cash.
- Delivery fee. It will cost extra to have the funds delivered to the recipient's address as cash.
- Cash advance fee. Funding a money transfer with a credit card is generally treated as a cash equivalent transaction, which means being charged a cash advance fee and immediately incurring the cash advance rate.
- Exchange rate. The more you send, the more important the exchange rate is. The exchange rate between the Canadian dollar and the Algerian dinar is constantly changing, so the rate you are offered may only be available for a short time.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Algeria from Canada
If you do not want to use an online money transfer service to send money to someone in Algeria, here are some options worth considering. Each has its own set of pros and cons.
- Bank transfer. Convenient but slow and costly. Canadian banks are not generally known for competitive exchange rates or low fees.
- Crypto. You can buy cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin on a crypto exchange, then transfer it to the recipient's crypto wallet. Transfers between wallets on the same exchange are usually free and instant. The downside is crypto's price volatility.
- Money orders. Buying a money order is easy in Canada. However, they must be sent to the recipient, which takes time. Tried and tested.
- Money transfer agents. Helpful if you or the recipient have no bank account.
- Prepaid cards. Suitable for small amounts. Limitations make them impractical for sending a large amount of money to someone in Algeria.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from Canada to arrive in Algeria?
The time frame will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Algeria if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash for an extra fee. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Algeria from Canada?
Yes, sending money to Algeria from Canada is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Algeria from Canada?
Yes, it is possible to purchase a money order in Canada and send it to Algeria via postal mail or tracked courier. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Algeria from Canada?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Algeria with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Algeria from Canada?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Algeria from Canada. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact with stores and people who accept it.