Are you looking for the best way to send money from Canadato a family member, friend, or business in Bosnia and Herzegovina?
Recipients will receive more marks with an online international money transfer service if you send money to Bosnia and Herzegovina from Canada because they offer more competitive exchange rates and cheaper transfer fees.
Need to transfer money to Bosnia and Herzegovina from Canada?
Best ways to send money to Bosnia and Herzegovina
Simplii Financial Global Money Transfer
- Get up to $300 when you send your first Global Money Transfer. Use promo code GMTEVENT to claim this offer. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Send $50,000 daily to over 130 countries without transfer fees.
- The only bank in Canada that provides Cash Pickup Service at $0 transfer fee. Send up to $2,000 per day and enjoy same-day delivery to over 40 countries.
- Use the code CASH when you send your first GMT cash pick up for $50 cashback
- Enjoy great exchange rates and low fees.
- Every transfer carries a delivery promise. Have your money delivered on time or get your money back.
- Safety and security. Remitly uses industry-standard security protocols and encryption.
- Receive 20% off the fee on your next money transfer when you signup today.
- Offers many send and receive options with money arriving in minutes.
- MoneyGram's global network includes well-known retailers and businesses, spanning more than 200 countries and territories, making cash pick-up easy for your receiver.
- Wire internationally at excellent exchange rates.
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Bosnia and Herzegovina.
First time sending?
How to send money to Bosnia and Herzegovina from Canada
Money transfer services provide a fast, easy, and inexpensive way to send money to Bosnia and Herzegovina from Canada. This step-by-step guide will help you get started.
- Choose a money transfer service to use. Compare fees, transfer times, delivery options, etc. Then, choose whichever one best suits your needs.
- Set up an account. This can be done online and only takes a few minutes to finish.
- Set up the transfer. Fill out the recipient's details, how much to send, and how you want it to be delivered or collected.
- Choose how to pay for the transfer. Bank transfers and debit cards are widely accepted. Many services also accept credit cards. How you finance the transfer may determine how long it will take for the recipient to receive it.
- Send the money. Track its progress online. You may be able to send the recipient a shareable link so they can track the transfer.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Bosnia and Herzegovina from Canada
- Service fee. The service fee for sending money to Bosnia and Herzegovina from Canada will vary depending on how much you send, how it is delivered, and how you fund the transaction.
- Collection fee. Charged if the recipient is collecting cash.
- Delivery fee. Charged if the cash is to be delivered to the recipient's address.
- Cash advance fee. Charged by the credit card issuer since funding a money transfer is usually treated as a cash equivalent transaction. The cash advance interest rate will also be applied.
- Currency exchange rate. The exchange rate between the Canadian dollar and the Bosnian mark can significantly impact how much your recipient will get, especially for larger transfers.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Bosnia and Herzegovina from Canada
Don't want to use a money transfer service? Here are some alternative ways to send money to Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Bank transfer. Convenient, but usually more expensive, slower, and much less flexible than an online money transfer service.
- Crypto. If the recipient can accept crypto, this can be a very cheap and fast option. Crypto's price volatility can pose an issue when transferring a large amount.
- Money orders. Tried and tested, but slow since money orders usually have to be posted to the recipient.
- Money transfer agents. An option if you or the recipient do not have a bank account. Exchange rates and fees may make it a costly way to send money.
- Prepaid cards. Not suitable for large transfers due to limits on how much can be loaded onto the card and withdrawn from an ATM.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from Canada to arrive in Bosnia and Herzegovina?
Timing will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Bosnia and Herzegovina if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so that the recipient can either collect cash from a specific location or be delivered by courier. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Bosnia and Herzegovina from Canada?
Yes, sending money to Bosnia and Herzegovina from Canada is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Bosnia and Herzegovina from Canada?
Yes, it is possible to purchase a money order in Canada and send it to Bosnia and Herzegovina via postal mail or tracked courier. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Bosnia and Herzegovina from Canada?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Bosnia and Herzegovina with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Bosnia and Herzegovina from Canada?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Bosnia and Herzegovina from Canada. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact with stores and people who accept it.