Are you looking for the best way to send money from Canadato a family member, friend, or business in Brazil?
Recipients will get more reals if you send money to Brazil from Canada with an online international money transfer service because they offer more competitive exchange rates and cheaper transfer fees.
Need to transfer money to Canada from Canada?
Best ways to send money to Canada
Simplii Financial Global Money Transfer
- Get up to $300 when you send your first Global Money Transfer. Use promo code GMTEVENT to claim this offer. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Send $50,000 daily to over 130 countries without transfer fees.
- The only bank in Canada that provides Cash Pickup Service at $0 transfer fee. Send up to $2,000 per day and enjoy same-day delivery to over 40 countries.
- Use the code CASH when you send your first GMT cash pick up for $50 cashback
- Enjoy great exchange rates and low fees.
- Every transfer carries a delivery promise. Have your money delivered on time or get your money back.
- Safety and security. Remitly uses industry-standard security protocols and encryption.
- Use the promo code FINTY and get CAD $20 bonus on your first transfer. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Send money and earn points.
- Enjoy low fees, and great FX rates. No hidden charges.
- Transfer money to 55+ countries.
- Send money up to 7x cheaper than banks.
- Receive payments like a local in 10 currencies.
- Indulge convenience by transacting thru the Wise App anytime and anywhere!
- Your money is safe. Wise is registered with the Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC).
- Enjoy better rates and fees.
- Transfers to most countries take 1-2 business days. Track your transfer online or with the OFX mobile app.
- With support staff that are located in Canada, Australia, USA, UK, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore.
- Receive 20% off the fee on your next money transfer when you signup today.
- Offers many send and receive options with money arriving in minutes.
- MoneyGram's global network includes well-known retailers and businesses, spanning more than 200 countries and territories, making cash pick-up easy for your receiver.
- Wire internationally at excellent exchange rates.
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Brazil.
First time sending?
How to send money to Brazil from Canada
Online money transfer services are a convenient, fast, and affordable way to send money to Brazil from Canada. This step-by-step guide explains how they work.
- Choose a money transfer service. You can find reputable money transfer services on this page to help you send money to Brazil.
- Register for an account. Setting up your account can be done entirely online. You’ll need to provide details, including your name, email address, phone number, and proof of identification.
- Set up the transfer. You will be asked for the recipient’s full name, address, bank account number (if you want funds delivered to a bank), and how much money you plan to send. Some money transfer services offer different options on how the funds you send to Brazil will be delivered to the recipient. Select the delivery option that is most convenient for you and the recipient.
- Choose how you will pay for the transfer. Available funding options vary between services. Bank transfers and debit cards are widely accepted. Funding the transaction with a credit card or cash may be possible too.
- Confirm details and send money. Depending on the delivery method, the recipient will receive a notification that the money is available to collect or that it has been deposited in their bank account. You may wish to share the reference number with the recipient since it may be required to collect money.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Brazil from Canada
- Service fee. The cost of sending money to Brazil with a money transfer service will vary depending on how much you send, how you want it delivered, and how you plan to fund the transaction.
- Collection fee. The recipient may be charged a fee to collect their money.
- Delivery fee. Expect it to cost more to have the funds delivered to the recipient's address.
- Cash advance fee. Are you using a credit card to fund the transfer? Expect your card issuer to classify it as a cash advance and charge a fee, which may be a flat amount or a percentage of the sent amount.
- Currency exchange rate. When you send large amounts of money abroad, the exchange rate between the Canadian dollar and the Brazilian real can significantly impact how much your recipient will get. Because foreign currency exchange rates fluctuate constantly, a few minutes or an hour can affect how much money the recipient receives.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Brazil from Canada
There are other ways to send money to Brazil if you don’t want to use an online money transfer service.
- Bank transfers. A convenient way to send money to Brazil, but it can be expensive due to fees and poor exchange rates. Bank transfers can also take a few days to process.
- Crypto You can send cryptocurrency like Bitcoin from Canada to Brazil using a crypto exchange. Check the fees and compare a few exchanges before you make your transfer.
- Money orders. A money order is one of the oldest ways to transfer money between people. Once you buy the money order, you can send it to your recipient’s address in Brazil via postal mail or courier. Your recipient can then cash the money order.
- Money transfer agents. Don’t have a bank account or want to use cash? A money transfer agent is an option. First, check that there is somewhere near the recipient where they can collect the money.
- Prepaid cards. Prepaid cards can be a convenient way to send money to Brazil as they can be used to withdraw cash at an ATM. However, most cards have transaction limits, such as how much can be loaded and drawn in one go or within a day. You may also be charged fees for loading money onto the card and withdrawing cash.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from Canada to arrive in Brazil?
The time frame will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Brazil if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Brazil from Canada?
Yes, sending money to Brazil from Canada is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Brazil from Canada?
Yes, it is possible to purchase a money order in Canada and send it to Brazil via postal mail or tracked courier. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Brazil from Canada?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Brazil with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Brazil from Canada?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Brazil from Canada. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact with stores and people who accept it.