Are you looking for the best way to send money from Canadato a family member, friend, or business in Cameroon?
Recipients will get more CFA francs if you send money to Cameroon from Canada with an online international money transfer service because they offer more competitive exchange rates and cheaper transfer fees.
Need to transfer money to Cameroon from Canada?
Best ways to send money to Cameroon
Simplii Financial Global Money Transfer
- Get up to $300 when you send your first Global Money Transfer. Use promo code GMTEVENT to claim this offer. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Send $50,000 daily to over 130 countries without transfer fees.
- The only bank in Canada that provides Cash Pickup Service at $0 transfer fee. Send up to $2,000 per day and enjoy same-day delivery to over 40 countries.
- Use the code CASH when you send your first GMT cash pick up for $50 cashback
- Enjoy great exchange rates and low fees.
- Every transfer carries a delivery promise. Have your money delivered on time or get your money back.
- Safety and security. Remitly uses industry-standard security protocols and encryption.
- Receive 20% off the fee on your next money transfer when you signup today.
- Offers many send and receive options with money arriving in minutes.
- MoneyGram's global network includes well-known retailers and businesses, spanning more than 200 countries and territories, making cash pick-up easy for your receiver.
- Wire internationally at excellent exchange rates.
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Cameroon.
First time sending?
How to send money to Cameroon from Canada
There are many reasons why money transfer services are more convenient than traditional banks when sending money to Cameroon from Canada. Here's how you can get set up quickly.
- Choose a money transfer service. Find a reputable money transfer service that can transfer money to Cameroon from the list on this page.
- Set up an account. This usually only takes a few minutes to complete online.
- Configure your transfer. Enter the recipient's details, including the amount of money you want to send, how you would like it delivered, and the recipient’s information.
- Choose how to pay for the transfer. You can use a bank transfer, debit card, or credit card to fund most transfers.
- Confirm details and send. You may wish to share a tracking link or reference number with the recipient so they can track the transfer's progress.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Cameroon from Canada
- Service fee. The amount a money transfer service charges to send money to Cameroon will vary depending on the amount of money being sent, how it is being delivered, and how the transaction is being funded.
- Collection fee. Charged if the recipient wants to collect the funds.
- Delivery fee. Charged if the recipient wants funds to be delivered to their address.
- Cash advance fee. Charged by your credit card issuer if you use a credit card to fund the transfer.
- Exchange rate. Not necessarily a fee, but a bad exchange rate means the recipient will receive less.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Cameroon from Canada
There are a few different ways to send money to Cameroon if you don't want to use an online money transfer service.
- Bank transfer. Convenient since no new account setup is required, but slower and more expensive than an online transfer service.
- Crypto. Buy a stablecoin and transfer it to the recipient's wallet. Fast and cheap, but not suitable for everyone.
- Money orders. You can purchase a money order and send it to your recipient in Cameroon who can cash it. Reliable, but slow.
- Money transfer agents. A popular option if you or the recipient do not have a bank account or want to use cash. Not very useful if the recipient isn't close to somewhere where they can collect.
- Prepaid cards. Load a card with cash and post it to the recipient. Virtual prepaid cards may be worth considering as they don't need to be posted. Limitations make this an unfeasible option for large transfers.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from Canada to arrive in Cameroon?
This will depend on the method used to send the money. A bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Cameroon if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. If the recipient has no bank account, you can still send them money with a money transfer service. The sender can configure the money transfer so that the recipient can either collect cash from a specific location or the cash can be delivered to them by a courier. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Cameroon from Canada?
Yes, sending money to Cameroon from Canada is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Cameroon from Canada?
Yes, it is possible to purchase a money order in Canada and send it to Cameroon via postal mail or tracked courier. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Cameroon from Canada?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Cameroon with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Cameroon from Canada?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Cameroon from Canada. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact with stores and people who accept it.