Are you looking for the best way to send money from Canadato a family member, friend, or business in Croatia?
Recipients will get more euros if you send money to Croatia from Canada with an online international money transfer service because they offer more competitive exchange rates and cheaper transfer fees.
Need to transfer money to Croatia from Canada?
Best ways to send money to Croatia
Simplii Financial Global Money Transfer
- Get up to $300 when you send your first Global Money Transfer. Use promo code GMTEVENT to claim this offer. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Send $50,000 daily to over 130 countries without transfer fees.
- The only bank in Canada that provides Cash Pickup Service at $0 transfer fee. Send up to $2,000 per day and enjoy same-day delivery to over 40 countries.
- Use the code CASH when you send your first GMT cash pick up for $50 cashback
- Enjoy great exchange rates and low fees.
- Every transfer carries a delivery promise. Have your money delivered on time or get your money back.
- Safety and security. Remitly uses industry-standard security protocols and encryption.
- Use the promo code FINTY and get CAD $20 bonus on your first transfer. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Send money and earn points.
- Enjoy low fees, and great FX rates. No hidden charges.
- Transfer money to 55+ countries.
- Send money up to 7x cheaper than banks.
- Receive payments like a local in 10 currencies.
- Indulge convenience by transacting thru the Wise App anytime and anywhere!
- Your money is safe. Wise is registered with the Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC).
- Receive 20% off the fee on your next money transfer when you signup today.
- Offers many send and receive options with money arriving in minutes.
- MoneyGram's global network includes well-known retailers and businesses, spanning more than 200 countries and territories, making cash pick-up easy for your receiver.
- Wire internationally at excellent exchange rates.
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Croatia.
First time sending?
How to send money to Croatia from Canada
Money transfer services offer a convenient, fast, and cheap way to send money to Croatia from Canada. Use this step-by-step guide.
- Choose a money transfer service. On this page, you can find reputable money transfer services to transfer money to Croatia.
- Sign up for an account. This will usually involve providing some personal information and proof of identification.
- Set up the transfer. To set up your transfer, you will need to provide basic information about the recipient, including their full name and address and the amount of money you wish to send. You will also need to choose how you would like the money delivered, which may include options such as bank deposit or cash pickup.
- Choose how to pay. Your options will depend on the country you're sending to. You may pay by bank account, credit card, or cash.
- Send the money. Most services provide a shareable link where you and the recipient can track progress.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Croatia from Canada
- Service fee. The amount a money transfer service charges for sending money to Croatia will depend on various factors, including how much money is being sent, how it will be delivered, and how you plan to fund the transaction.
- Collection fee. Charged for the money to be collected by the recipient in Croatia.
- Delivery fee. An extra fee charged for the convenience of having cash delivered to the recipient's address.
- Cash advance fee. Charged by most credit card issuers as funding a money transfer is typically classed as a cash advance.
- Exchange rate. Since foreign currency exchange rates fluctuate constantly, a few minutes or an hour can affect how much money the recipient receives. The large the transfer, the more the exchange rate makes a difference.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Croatia from Canada
There are various ways to send money to Croatia if you don’t want to use an online money transfer service.
- Bank transfer. An easy way to send money to a recipient in Croatia. Expect slower transfers than online services, which tend to be considerably faster.
- Crypto. If the recipient can accept crypto, this can be a very cheap and fast option. Once the crypto is in their wallet, they can decide whether to hold it there or withdraw it to a bank account.
- Money orders. A money order is one of the oldest ways of transferring funds between people. Once you buy the money order, it can be sent to the recipient’s address and cashed in. Money orders are, however, comparatively slow.
- Money transfer agents. Useful if you want to use cash or if you or the recipient have no bank account.
- Prepaid cards. Croatia has several restrictions in place for the use of prepaid cards. For example, you may not be able to use a prepaid card to pay for accommodation or car rental. Check the terms and conditions of your card before you travel.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from Canada to arrive in Croatia?
The time frame will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Croatia if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Croatia from Canada?
Yes, sending money to Croatia from Canada is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Croatia from Canada?
Yes, purchasing a money order in Canada and sending it to Croatia via postal mail or tracked courier is possible. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Croatia from Canada?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Croatia with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Croatia from Canada?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Croatia from Canada. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact in stores and with people who accept it.