Are you looking for the best way to send money from Canada to a family member, friend, or business in Cyprus?
Recipients will get more euros if you send money to Canada from Canada with an online international money transfer service because they offer more competitive exchange rates and cheaper transfer fees.
Need to transfer money to Cyprus from Canada?
Best ways to send money to Cyprus
Simplii Financial Global Money Transfer
- Get up to $300 when you send your first Global Money Transfer. Use promo code GMTEVENT to claim this offer. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Send $50,000 daily to over 130 countries without transfer fees.
- The only bank in Canada that provides Cash Pickup Service at $0 transfer fee. Send up to $2,000 per day and enjoy same-day delivery to over 40 countries.
- Use the code CASH when you send your first GMT cash pick up for $50 cashback
- Enjoy great exchange rates and low fees.
- Every transfer carries a delivery promise. Have your money delivered on time or get your money back.
- Safety and security. Remitly uses industry-standard security protocols and encryption.
- Use the promo code FINTY and get CAD $20 bonus on your first transfer. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Send money and earn points.
- Enjoy low fees, and great FX rates. No hidden charges.
- Transfer money to 55+ countries.
- Send money up to 7x cheaper than banks.
- Receive payments like a local in 10 currencies.
- Indulge convenience by transacting thru the Wise App anytime and anywhere!
- Your money is safe. Wise is registered with the Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC).
- Enjoy better rates and fees.
- Transfers to most countries take 1-2 business days. Track your transfer online or with the OFX mobile app.
- With support staff that are located in Canada, Australia, USA, UK, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore.
- Receive 20% off the fee on your next money transfer when you signup today.
- Offers many send and receive options with money arriving in minutes.
- MoneyGram's global network includes well-known retailers and businesses, spanning more than 200 countries and territories, making cash pick-up easy for your receiver.
- Wire internationally at excellent exchange rates.
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Cyprus.
First time sending?
How to send money to Cyprus from Canada
Money transfer services are the way to go if you want to send money to Cyprus from Canada. They’re convenient, fast, and easy to use, even if you’ve never used them. Here’s a quick guide on how they work.
- Choose a money transfer service. You can find reputable money transfer services to transfer money to Cyprus on this page.
- Create an account. This will usually involve providing some personal information and proof of identification. It can be completed online within a few minutes.
- Configure the transfer. You’ll need to specify how much money you want to send and the recipient’s bank account details. Some money transfer services will also allow you to choose how you would like the funds delivered or collected.
- Choose how to pay for the transfer. Bank transfers and debit cards are most widely accepted, but some also accept credit cards. How you pay will affect how long it takes for the money to reach the recipient.
- Send the money. Once sent, you’ll be able to track its progress online. You can share the reference number or tracking link with the recipient.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Cyprus from Canada
- Service fee. How much it costs to send money to Cyprus will vary depending on the amount sent, the delivery method, and how you plan to fund the transaction.
- Collection fee. How much extra it costs for the cash to be collected by the recipient.
- Delivery fee. How much extra it costs for the cash to be delivered to the recipient at their address.
- Cash advance fee. Charged by credit card issuers for cash equivalent transactions such as funding a money transfer.
- Exchange rate. The more you transfer, the more important the exchange rate becomes.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Cyprus from Canada
Consider one of these alternatives if you want to send money to Cyprus but do not want to use an online money transfer service.
- Bank transfer. Sending money with your bank may be easy, but it is typically more expensive and slower than an online money transfer service.
- Crypto. Potentially a very cheap and fast option, however, not everyone is set up to receive crypto. Crypto wallets are free and once the crypto arrives, they can decide whether to hold it there or withdraw fiat funds it to a bank account.
- Money orders. Tried and tested, but much slower and with less flexibility for delivery and collection than sending money online.
- Money transfer agents. Available in most large towns and cities. Popular with people who want to use cash to fund the transfer.
- Prepaid cards. It is possible to load a prepaid card and send it to the recipient, who can use it to spend or withdraw cash from an ATM in Cyprus. However, it's not suitable for large transfers. Limitations apply to how much money a prepaid card can hold and how much can be withdrawn in a day.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from Canada to arrive in Cyprus?
The time frame will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Cyprus if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Cyprus from Canada?
Yes, sending money to Cyprus from Canada is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Cyprus from Canada?
Yes, purchasing a money order in Canada and sending it to Cyprus via postal mail or tracked courier is possible. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Cyprus from Canada?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Cyprus with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Cyprus from Canada?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Cyprus from Canada. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact in stores and with people who accept it.