Are you not sure what is the best way to send money from Canada to a family member, friend, or business in Egypt?
Recipients will get more pounds if you send money to Egypt from Canada with an online international money transfer service because they offer more competitive exchange rates and cheaper transfer fees.
Need to transfer money to Egypt from Canada?
Best ways to send money to Egypt
Simplii Financial Global Money Transfer
- Get up to $300 when you send your first Global Money Transfer. Use promo code GMTEVENT to claim this offer. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Send $50,000 daily to over 130 countries without transfer fees.
- The only bank in Canada that provides Cash Pickup Service at $0 transfer fee. Send up to $2,000 per day and enjoy same-day delivery to over 40 countries.
- Use the code CASH when you send your first GMT cash pick up for $50 cashback
- Enjoy great exchange rates and low fees.
- Every transfer carries a delivery promise. Have your money delivered on time or get your money back.
- Safety and security. Remitly uses industry-standard security protocols and encryption.
- Send money up to 7x cheaper than banks.
- Receive payments like a local in 10 currencies.
- Indulge convenience by transacting thru the Wise App anytime and anywhere!
- Your money is safe. Wise is registered with the Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC).
- Enjoy better rates and fees.
- Transfers to most countries take 1-2 business days. Track your transfer online or with the OFX mobile app.
- With support staff that are located in Canada, Australia, USA, UK, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore.
- Receive 20% off the fee on your next money transfer when you signup today.
- Offers many send and receive options with money arriving in minutes.
- MoneyGram's global network includes well-known retailers and businesses, spanning more than 200 countries and territories, making cash pick-up easy for your receiver.
- Wire internationally at excellent exchange rates.
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Egypt.
First time sending?
How to send money to Egypt from Canada
Money transfer services make it quick, easy, and affordable to send money to Egypt from Canada. This step-by-step process explains how they work.
- Choose a money transfer service. On this page, you can find reputable money transfer services that can transfer money to Egypt.
- Open your account. This usually only takes a few minutes and can be done entirely online.
- Configure the transfer. If they have a bank account in Egypt, you can send the funds directly to their bank account. If they don’t have a bank account, some services make it possible for the recipient to collect cash from a pickup location.
- Pay for the transfer. You could fund the transfer account with a bank transfer or debit card. Credit card acceptance varies. How you fund the transfer affects not only the time it takes for the money to be transferred but also the overall cost.
- Send the money. After it has been sent, you may need to give the recipient a reference number or tracking link so they can track the transfer.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Egypt from Canada
- Service fee. The service fee for sending money from Canada to Egypt will depend on the amount sent, the delivery method, and how the transaction is funded.
- Collection fee. Charged when the recipient wants to collect funds instead of having them paid into a bank account or delivered to their address.
- Delivery fee. Charged when the recipient wants to have the funds delivered to their address instead of having them paid into a bank account or collected.
- Cash advance fee. A one-off credit card fee charged when funding a money transfer with a credit card. Interest will also apply, typically at the cash advance rate.
- Currency exchange rate. When you send large amounts of money abroad, the exchange rate between the Canadian dollar and the Egyptian pound can significantly impact how much your recipient will get.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Egypt from Canada
There are a few different ways to send money to Egypt if you don’t want to use an online money transfer service.
- Bank transfer. Sending money with your existing bank may a convenient option, but it is typically more expensive, slower, and less flexible than an international money transfer service.
- Crypto. If the recipient can accept crypto, this can be a very cheap and fast option. Once the crypto is in their wallet, they can decide whether to hold it there or withdraw it to a bank account. Transferring a stablecoin can reduce the risk of price volatility.
- Money orders. This is a slower way to transfer funds, but it is one of the most commonly used methods. Buy a money order and send it to your recipient’s address in Egypt. They can then cash it in.
- Money transfer agents. An option if you or the recipient don’t have a bank account or you want to use cash. Check that there is a money transfer agent near the recipient so it's convenient for them to collect their funds.
- Prepaid cards. Not suitable for large transfers due to limits on maximum amounts and withdrawals.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from Canada to arrive in Egypt?
The time frame will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Egypt if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Egypt from Canada?
Yes, sending money to Egypt from Canada is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Egypt from Canada?
Yes, purchasing a money order in Canada and sending it to Egypt via postal mail or tracked courier is possible. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Egypt from Canada?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Egypt with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Egypt from Canada?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Egypt from Canada. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact in stores and with people who accept it.