Do you want to find the best way to send money from Canada to a family member, friend, or business in Greece?
Recipients will get more euros if you send money to Greece from Canada with an online international money transfer service because they offer more competitive exchange rates and cheaper transfer fees.
Need to transfer money to Greece from Canada?
Best ways to send money to Greece
Simplii Financial Global Money Transfer
- Get up to $300 when you send your first Global Money Transfer. Use promo code GMTEVENT to claim this offer. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Send $50,000 daily to over 130 countries without transfer fees.
- The only bank in Canada that provides Cash Pickup Service at $0 transfer fee. Send up to $2,000 per day and enjoy same-day delivery to over 40 countries.
- Use the code CASH when you send your first GMT cash pick up for $50 cashback
- Enjoy great exchange rates and low fees.
- Every transfer carries a delivery promise. Have your money delivered on time or get your money back.
- Safety and security. Remitly uses industry-standard security protocols and encryption.
- Use the promo code FINTY and get CAD $20 bonus on your first transfer. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Send money and earn points.
- Enjoy low fees, and great FX rates. No hidden charges.
- Transfer money to 55+ countries.
- Send money up to 7x cheaper than banks.
- Receive payments like a local in 10 currencies.
- Indulge convenience by transacting thru the Wise App anytime and anywhere!
- Your money is safe. Wise is registered with the Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC).
- Enjoy better rates and fees.
- Transfers to most countries take 1-2 business days. Track your transfer online or with the OFX mobile app.
- With support staff that are located in Canada, Australia, USA, UK, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore.
- Receive 20% off the fee on your next money transfer when you signup today.
- Offers many send and receive options with money arriving in minutes.
- MoneyGram's global network includes well-known retailers and businesses, spanning more than 200 countries and territories, making cash pick-up easy for your receiver.
- Wire internationally at excellent exchange rates.
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Greece.
First time sending?
How to send money to Greece from Canada
Money transfer services are a convenient, fast, and cheap way to send money to Greece from Canada. This step-by-step process explains how it works.
- Choose a service. Many reputable money transfer services can send money to Greece. Compare the fees, transfer times, delivery options, and other factors before choosing one.
- Set up an account. Can be completed online within a few minutes.
- Configure the transfer to your recipient. You will usually need to provide the recipient’s name, address, and delivery or collection details.
- Fund the transfer. Bank transfers and debit cards are widely accepted. Credit cards may be accepted. The funding method can have an impact on the overall cost.
- Send. You can track the transfer's progress. Give the reference number to the recipient if they want to collect funds.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Greece from Canada
- Money transfer service fee. The amount charged by a money transfer service to send money to Greece will vary depending on the amount being sent, how it is being delivered, and how the transaction is being funded.
- Collection fee. The recipient may be charged a fee to pick up cash.
- Delivery fee. A one-off fee that's charged to deliver funds to the recipient at their address.
- Cash advance fee. A one-off fee charged when funding a money transfer with a credit card. The cash advance interest rate also typically applies.
- Currency exchange rate. When you send large amounts of money abroad, the exchange rate between the Canadian dollar and the euro can significantly impact how much your recipient will get.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Greece from Canada
Other methods for sending money to Greece exist if you are not interested in using an online money transfer service.
- Bank transfer. Sending money with your bank may be easy, but it is typically more expensive, slower, and less flexible than an international money transfer service.
- Crypto. If the recipient can accept crypto, this can be a very cheap and fast option. Once the crypto is in their wallet, they can decide whether to hold it there or withdraw it to a bank account. Sending a stablecoin can reduce exposure to the price volatility crypto is known for.
- Money orders. A reliable but slow way to transfer money.
- Money transfer agents. Useful if you want to send cash or if either you or the recipient are unbanked.
- Prepaid cards. Most cards have limits such as how much can be loaded and how much can be withdrawn in one go or within a day, making them inappropriate for large transfers.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from Canada to arrive in Greece?
The time frame will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Greece if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Greece from Canada?
Yes, sending money to Greece from Canada is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Greece from Canada?
Yes, purchasing a money order in Canada and sending it to Greece via postal mail or tracked courier is possible. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Greece from Canada?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Greece with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Greece from Canada?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Greece from Canada. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact in stores and with people who accept it.