Do you want to send money to Vietnam from Canada but are unsure of the best way?
Online money transfer services offer better rates and lower fees than you would get if you used a traditional bank.
Need to transfer money to Vietnam from Canada?
Best ways to send money to Vietnam
Simplii Financial Global Money Transfer
- Get up to $300 when you send your first Global Money Transfer. Use promo code GMTEVENT to claim this offer. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Send $50,000 daily to over 130 countries without transfer fees.
- The only bank in Canada that provides Cash Pickup Service at $0 transfer fee. Send up to $2,000 per day and enjoy same-day delivery to over 40 countries.
- Use the code CASH when you send your first GMT cash pick up for $50 cashback
- Enjoy great exchange rates and low fees.
- Every transfer carries a delivery promise. Have your money delivered on time or get your money back.
- Safety and security. Remitly uses industry-standard security protocols and encryption.
- Use the promo code FINTY and get CAD $20 bonus on your first transfer. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Send money and earn points.
- Enjoy low fees, and great FX rates. No hidden charges.
- Transfer money to 55+ countries.
- Enjoy better rates and fees.
- Transfers to most countries take 1-2 business days. Track your transfer online or with the OFX mobile app.
- With support staff that are located in Canada, Australia, USA, UK, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore.
- Receive 20% off the fee on your next money transfer when you signup today.
- Offers many send and receive options with money arriving in minutes.
- MoneyGram's global network includes well-known retailers and businesses, spanning more than 200 countries and territories, making cash pick-up easy for your receiver.
- Wire internationally at excellent exchange rates.
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Vietnam.
First time sending?
How to send money to Vietnam from Canada
Money transfer services are an efficient, convenient, and cost-effective way to send money to Vietnam from Canada. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you get started.
- Decide how you would like to send the money. Compare the various fees, transfer times and delivery options, among other factors. Then, choose the best way to send money to Vietnam that suits you and the recipient.
- Open your account. Opening an account with a money transfer service usually involves providing personal information and proof of identification.
- Set up the transfer. You will be asked for details such as the recipient’s full name, address, bank account number (if you want funds delivered to a bank), and how much money you plan to send. Different money transfer services offer varying options on how the funds you send to Vietnam will be delivered to the recipient. Select the delivery option that serves you and the recipient.
- Choose how to pay for the transfer. For example, you could fund the transfer account with a bank transfer, debit card, credit card, or cash. Remember that how you are funding the transfer affects the time it takes for the transfer to take place and for the recipient to get the money.
- Send the money and track the transfer. Once initiated, you’ll be able to track the progress of your funds and will need to inform the recipient.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Vietnam from Canada
- Service fee. The amount of money a money transfer service charges to send to Vietnam will vary depending on the amount of money being sent, how it is being delivered, and how the transaction is being funded.
- Collection fee. Charged to pick up cash.
- Delivery fee. Charged to have cash delivered to the recipient’s address.
- Cash advance fee. Set by the credit card issuer when funding a money transfer with a credit card. Interest applies separately.
- Exchange rate. When you send large amounts of money abroad, the exchange rate can significantly impact how much your recipient will get.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Vietnam from Canada
If you prefer not to use an online money transfer service, there are other options you can use for sending money to Vietnam.
- Bank transfer. Convenient but more expensive and generally slower than an international money transfer service.
- Crypto. If the recipient can accept crypto, this can be a very cheap and fast option. Sending a stablecoin means the recipient is not exposed to fluctuations in price like they would if receiving Bitcoin or another token.
- Money orders. One of the oldest ways to send money. They’re also one of the slowest. Once the recipient receives the money order, they can cash it in.
- Money transfer agents. Located in most large towns and cities. Check that there is one near the recipient so they can collect the funds.
- Prepaid cards. Transaction limits, such as how much can be loaded and how much can be withdrawn per day, make prepaid cards impractical for large amounts.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from Canada to arrive in Vietnam?
A money transfer service can deliver funds faster than a bank transfer, which can take several days.
Can I send money to Vietnam if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. It is possible to send money to someone in Vietnam using a money transfer service, even if they don't have a bank account. Depending on the service, funds can be collected by the recipient at a convenient location or delivered to them by a courier. You could also send a prepaid card, a money order, or digital currency.
Is it safe to send money to Vietnam from Canada?
Using a reputable company means sending money to Vietnam from Canada is safe. Finty only features reputable money transfer services.
Can I send a money order to Vietnam from Canada?
You can buy a money order in Canada and send it to Vietnam by tracked courier or regular postal mail. The recipient can cash it at a bank, credit union, post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Vietnam from Canada?
Yes. A credit card can be used to transfer money to Vietnam. However, most credit card companies impose a cash advance fee because the transaction will almost certainly be classified as a cash equivalent. The transaction will also be charged interest at the cash advance rate immediately.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Vietnam from Canada?
Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent from Canada to someone in Vietnam. The recipient can then decide whether to sell the cryptocurrency for cash or to use it to trade with businesses or other people who accept it.