- Shiba Inu is a meme coin that seeks to be an alternative to Dogecoin.
- Issued as an Ethereum token, SHIB has 1 quadrillion tokens outstanding, with 50% of those locked in a swap.
- SHIB can be bought using fiat money or traded against another cryptocurrency.
Ready to buy Shiba Inu? Use our easy step-by-step guide to setting up an exchange account and buying SHIB in the UK.
Not sure which exchange to use?
Where to buy Shiba Inu
- Sign up on Binance to get a 100 USDT cashback voucher. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Trade over 50 cryptocurrencies with low trading fees.
- Uses state-of-the-art storage technology to protect your cryptocurrency and GRB assets.
- Earn rewards for holding coins and tokens.
- Get $20 in BTC with your first deposit.
- Trade major coins and popular altcoins including Dogecoin, Cardano, Solana, Polkadot, and Polygon.
- Fund your account with wire transfers, credit / debit cards, or crypto with access to trade funds the same day.
Finty may be compensated when you click on the link.
- Get £5 in Bitcoin with your first trade on Coinbase.
- Buy and sell popular digital currencies, and keep track of them in the one place.
- Invest in cryptocurrency slowly over time by scheduling buys daily, weekly, or monthly.
- Crypto stored on Coinbase servers is covered by an insurance policy.
Cryptocurrency is not regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and is not subject to protection under the UK Financial Services Compensation Scheme or within the scope of jurisdiction of the UK Financial Ombudsman Service. Investing in cryptocurrency comes with risk and cryptocurrency may gain in value, or lose some or all value. Capital gains tax may be applicable to profits from cryptocurrency sales.
- Trading fees are 0% - 0.1% on CoinJar Exchange and 1% on CoinJar.com and mobile apps.
- Trade over 50 cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Shiba Inu, Dogecoin, Solana, and Cardano.
- Free GBP deposits and withdrawals (bank transfers), 2% fee on credit/debit card crypto purchases.
- Earn CoinJar Rewards when you spend your crypto with a CoinJar Card. Free to activate, no monthly charges.
- Invest in 110+ coins including the majors, altcoins, and stablecoins with 0% commission.
- Ability to trade crypto against other assets like foreign currency and commodities.
- Stake a range of coins with competitive yields.
First time buying?
How to buy Shiba Inu
Step 1: Find an exchange that sells Shiba Inu
Shiba Inu is among the most well-known altcoins. It is listed on many of the best cryptocurrency exchanges. If you're comparing exchanges, take time to check their security features and what fees are charged, e.g. the spread or trade fee, withdrawing funds, etc.
Step 2: Sign-up and get verified
After deciding where to buy Shiba Inu, you'll have to sign up for an account and verify your identity. You'll need to provide your complete name, date of birth, street address, and country of residence. A copy of your driver's licence, passport, or another government-issued ID document may be required as further proof of identity.
Step 3: Fund your account
You can transfer fiat money (GBP) from your bank account, credit or debit card. Some exchanges also accept funds from PayPal, etc. The time it takes for funds to clear will vary depending on your choice.
An alternative way to fund your account is to transfer crypto you already own to your account at the exchange. It's important to check that your exchange supports the crypto before initiating the transfer.
Some exchanges may require an initial deposit while others do not. You can check this requirement on Finty.
Step 4: Set an investment budget
Shiba Inu is highly volatile and speculative. Do not buy Shiba Inu unless you are comfortable with the possibility of losing it.
Step 5: Purchase Shiba Inu
Most exchanges provide an instant buy option, which is the equivalent of a market buy where you get the next available price. Limit and stop orders are available on many exchanges so you can buy defend your position and automatically place an order under specific conditions. You may also be able to set up a recurring order to buy more Shiba Inu on a regular basis and take advantage of dollar cost averaging over time.
After you buy
Where to store your Shiba Inu
After you have purchased SHIB tokens, you can transfer them from your exchange wallet to a third-party hot or cold wallet.
If you want easy and fast access to your SHIB tokens, a hot wallet is a better option. However, hot wallets are more vulnerable to theft and loss from hacking and other online attacks. Cold wallets, on the other hand, are more secure as they keep your tokens offline.