Are you looking for the best way to send money from the UK to a family member, friend, or business in Argentina?
Recipients will get more pesos if you send money to Argentina from the UK with an online international money transfer service because of their better exchange rates and cheaper transfer fees.
Need to transfer money to Argentina from the UK?
Best ways to send money to Argentina
- Enjoy great exchange rates and low fees.
- Every transfer carries a delivery promise. Have your money delivered on time or get your money back.
- Safety and security. Remitly uses industry-standard security protocols and encryption.
- Use the promo code FINTY and get £10 bonus on your first transfer. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Send money and earn points.
- Enjoy low fees, and great FX rates. No hidden charges.
- Transfer money to 55+ countries.
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Argentina.
First time sending?
How to send money to Argentina from the UK
Online money transfer services are the best way to send money to Argentina from the UK. They’re faster, easier, and more convenient than traditional banks.
- Choose the best money transfer service for you. You can find reputable money transfer services on this page to send money to Argentina. Consider the fees, transfer times and delivery options when choosing a service.
- Open your account. Getting set up is not a complicated process and will only take a few minutes.
- Configure the transfer. You’ll be asked to specify how much money you want to send, how you would like it delivered, and the recipient’s details. Then, you’ll see precisely how much money the recipient will receive in Argentine pesos. This quote may be valid for a limited time since exchange rates fluctuate constantly.
- Fund the transfer. Most services have funding options, including bank transfers, debit and credit cards, and cash. Consider how fast the recipient needs the funds since the chosen funding method impacts overall speed.
- Confirm details and send. You’ll typically get a tracking link or reference number so you and the recipient can track the transfer’s progress.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Argentina from the UK
- Service fee. The amount a money transfer service charges to send money to Argentina will vary depending on how much you are sending, how it is being delivered (for example, a mobile phone top-up or transferred to a bank account), and how the transaction was funded.
- Collection fee. If the recipient wants to collect funds from a convenient location, you or the recipient may have an extra cost to pay.
- Delivery fee. You'll have to pay for the added service if you decide to have the money delivered to the recipient's address.
- Cash advance fee. Banks treat funding a money transfer as a cash advance, which means paying the cash advance fee and cash advance rate.
- Exchange rate. When you send large amounts of money abroad, the exchange rate between the UK pound and the Argentine peso can significantly impact how much your recipient will get. Because foreign currency exchange rates fluctuate constantly, a few minutes or an hour can affect how much money the recipient receives.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Argentina from the UK
Other options exist for sending money to Nigeria if you do not want to use an online money transfer service, each with pros and cons to consider.
- Bank transfer. Sending money with your bank may be the most convenient option, but it comes at the cost of uncompetitive exchange rates, higher fees, and slower transfer times.
- Crypto. You can send cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin to someone in Argentina. Crypto transfers are typically fast and cheap. Once the crypto has been transferred to the recipient’s wallet, they can choose whether to hold it there or withdraw it to a bank account.
- Money orders. This is a reliable way to send money to Argentina. The main problem is speed. A money order would typically be delivered via postal mail or courier and then cashed in.
- Money transfer agents. Useful if you don’t have a bank account or want to fund the transfer with cash. Check where the recipient can collect funds.
- Prepaid cards. These cards can be loaded with cash and then used to withdraw money at an ATM in Argentina. Limits typically apply to the amount loaded onto the card and withdrawn. In addition, depending on the card, a withdrawal or currency conversion fee may apply.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from the UK to arrive in Argentina?
The time frame will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Argentina if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash for an extra fee. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Argentina from the UK?
Yes, sending money to Argentina from the UK is safe when you use a reputable company. Finty only lists established money transfer services.
Can I send a money order to Argentina from the UK?
Yes, purchasing a money order in the UK and sending it to Argentina via postal mail or tracked courier is possible. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Argentina from the UK?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Argentina with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Argentina from the UK?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Argentina from the UK. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact with stores and people who accept it.