Are you looking for the best way to send money from the UK to a family member, friend, or business in Bermuda?
Recipients will receive more dollars if you send money to Bermuda from the UK with an online international money transfer service because they offer better exchange rates and cheaper transfer fees.
Need to transfer money to Bermuda from the UK?
Best ways to send money to Bermuda
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Bermuda.
First time sending?
How to send money to Bermuda from the UK
Money transfer services are a quick, easy, and affordable way to send money to Bermuda from the UK. Use this step-by-step guide to get started.
- Choose a money transfer service. You can find reputable online money transfer services that can transfer money to Bermuda on this page.
- Create an account. When you create an account with a money transfer service, you must provide your name, address, email address, phone number, and a form of identification. It only takes a few minutes to complete.
- Set up the transfer. Details required include the recipient’s full name, address, bank account number (if you want funds delivered to a bank), and how much money you plan to send. You may be able to choose from various options on how the funds should be delivered. Select the delivery option that best serves you and the recipient.
- Fund the transfer. Bank transfers and debit cards are the most widely accepted. Cash and credit cards may be accepted, but it varies between services.
- Send the money and track the transfer. Once initiated, you can track its progress online. Most services provide a shareable link so the recipient can stay informed.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Bermuda from the UK
- Service fee. How much the transfer service charges for sending money to Bermuda depends on the amount sent, the delivery method, and how the transaction is funded.
- Collection fee. The sender or recipient may be charged a fee if collecting cash in person.
- Delivery fee. There may be a fee to have the money delivered to the recipient via courier.
- Cash advance fee. Funding the transfer with a credit card? Most issuers will classify the transaction as a cash equivalent, charge the cash advance fee, and apply the cash advance interest rate.
- Exchange rate. This makes a big difference when you are sending a large amount, but less so for small transfers.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Bermuda from the UK
Here are some alternative methods for sending money to Bermuda if you don’t want to use an online money transfer service.
- Bank transfer. Convenient, but sending money with a bank typically works out to be more expensive because of their uncompetitive exchange rate and higher fees. They're also comparatively slower than online money transfer services.
- Crypto. If the recipient can accept crypto, this can be a very cheap and fast option. Once the crypto is in their wallet, they can decide whether to hold it there or withdraw it to a bank account. Crypto is volatile, though. If sending a large amount, this volatility can be problematic when exchanging to fiat.
- Money orders. You can purchase a money order in the UK and then send it to Bermuda via postal mail or courier. The recipient can then cash the money order.
- Money transfer agents. Convenient if you want to fund the transfer with cash, but their exchange rates and fees are generally not as competitive as those of an online money transfer service.
- Prepaid cards. More suitable for small transfers. If you need to send a large amount of money, there are better options than a prepaid card.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from the UK to arrive in Bermuda?
The time will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Bermuda if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so that the recipient can either collect cash from a specific location or be delivered by courier. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Bermuda from the UK?
Yes, sending money to Bermuda from the UK is safe when you use a reputable company. Finty only lists established money transfer services.
Can I send a money order to Bermuda from the UK?
Yes, purchasing a money order in the UK and sending it to Bermuda via postal mail or tracked courier is possible. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Bermuda from the UK?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Bermuda with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Bermuda from the UK?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Bermuda from the UK. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact with stores and people who accept it.