Are you looking for the best way to send money from the UK to a family member, friend, or business in Brazil?
Recipients will get more reals if you send money to Brazil from the UK with an online international money transfer service because they offer more competitive exchange rates and cheaper transfer fees.
Need to transfer money to Brazil from the UK?
Best ways to send money to Brazil
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Brazil.
First time sending?
How to send money to Brazil from the UK
Online money transfer services are a convenient, fast, and affordable way to send money to Brazil from the UK. This step-by-step guide explains how they work.
- Choose a money transfer service. You can find reputable money transfer services on this page to help you send money to Brazil.
- Register for an account. Setting up your account can be done entirely online. You’ll need to provide details, including your name, email address, phone number, and proof of identification.
- Set up the transfer. You will be asked for the recipient’s full name, address, bank account number (if you want funds delivered to a bank), and how much money you plan to send. Some money transfer services offer different options on how the funds you send to Brazil will be delivered to the recipient. Select the delivery option that is most convenient for you and the recipient.
- Choose how you will pay for the transfer. Available funding options vary between services. Bank transfers and debit cards are widely accepted. Funding the transaction with a credit card or cash may be possible too.
- Confirm details and send money. Depending on the delivery method, the recipient will receive a notification that the money is available to collect or that it has been deposited in their bank account. You may wish to share the reference number with the recipient since it may be required to collect money.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Brazil from the UK
- Service fee. The cost of sending money to Brazil with a money transfer service will vary depending on how much you send, how you want it delivered, and how you plan to fund the transaction.
- Collection fee. The recipient may be charged a fee to collect their money.
- Delivery fee. Expect it to cost more to have the funds delivered to the recipient's address.
- Cash advance fee. Are you using a credit card to fund the transfer? Expect your card issuer to classify it as a cash advance and charge a fee, which may be a flat amount or a percentage of the sent amount.
- Currency exchange rate. When you send large amounts of money abroad, the exchange rate between the British pound and the Brazilian real can significantly impact how much your recipient will get. Because foreign currency exchange rates fluctuate constantly, a few minutes or an hour can affect how much money the recipient receives.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Brazil from the UK
There are other ways to send money to Brazil if you don’t want to use an online money transfer service.
- Bank transfers. A convenient way to send money to Brazil, but it can be expensive due to fees and poor exchange rates. Bank transfers can also take a few days to process.
- Crypto You can send cryptocurrency like Bitcoin from the UK to Brazil using a crypto exchange. Check the fees and compare a few exchanges before you make your transfer.
- Money orders. A money order is one of the oldest ways to transfer money between people. Once you buy the money order, you can send it to your recipient’s address in Brazil via postal mail or courier. Your recipient can then cash the money order.
- Money transfer agents. Don’t have a bank account or want to use cash? A money transfer agent is an option. First, check that there is somewhere near the recipient where they can collect the money.
- Prepaid cards. Prepaid cards can be a convenient way to send money to Brazil as they can be used to withdraw cash at an ATM. However, most cards have transaction limits, such as how much can be loaded and drawn in one go or within a day. You may also be charged fees for loading money onto the card and withdrawing cash.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from the UK to arrive in Brazil?
The time frame will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Brazil if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Brazil from the UK?
Yes, sending money to Brazil from the UK is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Brazil from the UK?
Yes, it is possible to purchase a money order in the UK and send it to Brazil via postal mail or tracked courier. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Brazil from the UK?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Brazil with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Brazil from the UK?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Brazil from the UK. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact with stores and people who accept it.