Are you looking for the best way to send money from the UK to a family member, friend, or business in the Czech Republic?
Recipients will get more korunas if you send money to the Czech Republic from the UK with an online international money transfer service because they offer more competitive exchange rates and cheaper transfer fees.
Need to transfer money to the Czech Republic from the UK?
Best ways to send money to Czech Republic
- Enjoy great exchange rates and low fees.
- Every transfer carries a delivery promise. Have your money delivered on time or get your money back.
- Safety and security. Remitly uses industry-standard security protocols and encryption.
- Use the promo code FINTY and get £10 bonus on your first transfer. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Send money and earn points.
- Enjoy low fees, and great FX rates. No hidden charges.
- Transfer money to 55+ countries.
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to the Czech Republic.
First time sending?
How to send money to the Czech Republic from the UK
A money transfer service is a quick and easy way to send money to the Czech Republic from the UK. This step-by-step guide will show you how to use one.
- Choose what money transfer service to use. Compare the various fees, transfer times, and delivery options. Then, choose which best suits your needs.
- Open your account. This will usually involve providing some personal information and proof of identification. It only takes a few minutes to complete.
- Set up a transfer. Configure how much money you want to send, how you would like it delivered, and the recipient’s details. You’ll see exactly how much money the recipient will receive. This quote may be valid for a limited time since exchange rates constantly fluctuate.
- Fund the transfer. Most services accept bank transfers and debit cards. Some accept credit cards.
- Send the money. Once the transfer has been initiated, you’ll be able to track the progress of your funds online.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to the Czech Republic from the UK
- Service fee. The amount charged by a money transfer service to send money to the Czech Republic will vary depending on how much is being sent, how it is delivered, and how you plan to fund the transaction.
- Collection fee. If the recipient wants to collect the money themselves, there'll possibly be a fee to pay.
- Delivery fee. There is usually a fee to have cash delivered to the recipient's address.
- Cash advance fee. Set by most credit card issuers when using a credit card to fund a money transfer since it is classified as a cash equivalent transaction.
- Currency exchange rate. When you send large amounts of money abroad, the exchange rate between the British pound and the Czech koruna can significantly impact how much your recipient will get. Its impact increases for larger transfers.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to the Czech Republic from the UK
Some viable alternatives to online money transfer services for sending money to the Czech Republic include the following.
- Bank transfers. If you already have a bank account, you can send money to your recipient’s bank account in the Czech Republic. Bank transfers are usually slower and more expensive than an online money transfer service.
- Crypto. Buy a cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin or a stablecoin on a crypto exchange, then transfer it to the recipient's crypto wallet. It's fast and cheap, but crypto valuations are notoriously volatile.
- Money orders. You can buy a money order and send it to the recipient. It's an old and reliable way to send money, but it is slow.
- Money transfer agents. Convenient if you do not have a bank account or want to use cash. Recipients can collect from a money transfer agent local to them.
- Prepaid cards. A card can be loaded with money and used to withdraw cash at an ATM in the Czech Republic. Limits on how much money can be loaded onto the card and how much can be withdrawn in one go or within a day make it impractical for large transfers.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from the UK to arrive in the Czech Republic?
The time frame will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to the Czech Republic if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to the Czech Republic from the UK?
Yes, sending money to the Czech Republic from the UK is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to the Czech Republic from the UK?
Yes, it is possible to purchase a money order in the UK and send it to the Czech Republic via postal mail or tracked courier. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to the Czech Republic from the UK?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to the Czech Republic with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to the Czech Republic from the UK?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to the Czech Republic from the UK. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact in stores and with people who accept it.