Are you looking for the best way to send money from the UK to a family member, friend, or business in Georgia?
Recipients will get more laris if you send money to Georgia from the UK with an online international money transfer service because they offer better exchange rates and cheaper fees.
Need to transfer money to Georgia from the UK?
Best ways to send money to Georgia
- Enjoy great exchange rates and low fees.
- Every transfer carries a delivery promise. Have your money delivered on time or get your money back.
- Safety and security. Remitly uses industry-standard security protocols and encryption.
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Georgia.
First time sending?
How to send money to Georgia from the UK
Money transfer services offer a convenient, fast, and cheap way to send money to Georgia from the UK. This step-by-step process explains how it works.
- Choose a money transfer service. Compare the reputable money transfer services on this page.
- Create an account. You will need to provide some personal information and proof of identification. It can be completed entirely online.
- Configure the transfer. Choose how much money to send, the delivery method, and the recipient’s details. Some money transfer services let you schedule transfers in advance. You’ll see exactly how much money will be delivered to the recipient and an estimate of when they will receive it.
- Choose how to pay for the transfer. You could fund the transfer with a bank transfer or debit card. Credit cards are accepted by some services. How you pay for the transfer affects the total time it takes for the transfer to process.
- Send the money. Once initiated, you’ll be able to track its progress and keep the recipient informed with a tracking link or reference number.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Georgia from the UK
- Service fee. The amount of money a money transfer service charges to send will vary depending on the amount of money being sent, how it is being delivered, and how the transaction is being funded.
- Collection fee. Charged by the service to collect cash.
- Delivery fee. Charged by the service to have cash delivered to the recipient’s address.
- Cash advance fee. Charged by the credit card issuer when funding a money transfer. The cash advance rate will be applied in addition.
- Exchange rate. A poor exchange rate will affect how much your recipient will get, especially for large transfers.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Georgia from the UK
If you prefer not to use an online money transfer service, here are other methods for sending money to Georgia.
- Bank transfer. You can send a bank transfer to Georgia from the UK using your existing banking, although it will almost certainly be more expensive and slower.
- Crypto. If the recipient can accept crypto, this is a cheap and fast alternative to a money transfer service. Sending a stablecoin reduces exposure to price volatility. Once the crypto is in the recipient's wallet, they can decide whether to hold it there or withdraw it to a bank account.
- Money orders. A tried and tested way to remit money internationally, but it is one of the slower options available.
- Money transfer agents. Convenient if you do not have a bank account or want to use cash. Recipients can collect from a money transfer agent local to them.
- Prepaid cards. Inappropriate for large transfers but can be used to send relatively small amounts of money.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from the UK to arrive in Georgia?
The time frame will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Georgia if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Georgia from the UK?
Yes, sending money to Georgia from the UK is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Georgia from the UK?
Yes, it is possible to purchase a money order in the UK and send it to Georgia via postal mail or tracked courier. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Georgia from the UK?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Georgia with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Georgia from the UK?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Georgia from the UK. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact in stores and with people who accept it.