Are you looking for the best way to send money from the UK to a family member, friend, or business in Ireland?
Recipients will get more euros if you send money to Ireland from the UK with an online international money transfer service because they offer more competitive exchange rates and cheaper transfer fees.
Need to transfer money to Ireland from the UK?
Best ways to send money to Ireland
- Enjoy great exchange rates and low fees.
- Every transfer carries a delivery promise. Have your money delivered on time or get your money back.
- Safety and security. Remitly uses industry-standard security protocols and encryption.
- Use the promo code FINTY and get £10 bonus on your first transfer. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Send money and earn points.
- Enjoy low fees, and great FX rates. No hidden charges.
- Transfer money to 55+ countries.
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Ireland.
First time sending?
How to send money to Ireland from the UK
Online money transfer services are a fast, easy, and affordable way to send money from the UK to Ireland. This step-by-step guide explains how they work if you’ve never used one before.
- Choose a money transfer service. On this page, you can find reputable money transfer services that can transfer money to Ireland.
- Create an account. You will need to provide some personal information and proof of ID.
- Set up the transfer. You will need to provide the recipient’s full name, address, bank account number (if you want funds delivered to a bank), and how much money you plan to send. Depending on the service used, it may be possible to choose how funds are delivered to the recipient in Ireland.
- Choose how you will pay for the transfer. You can use a bank transfer, debit card, credit card or cash. The method you choose to pay will affect how long it takes for the money to be transferred.
- Send the money and track the transfer. Once initiated, you’ll be able to track its progress. The recipient will need to provide their banking details to receive the funds.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Ireland from the UK
- Service fee. The amount charged by a money transfer service for sending money to Ireland will vary depending on the amount of money being sent, how it is to be delivered, and how the transaction is being funded.
- Collection fee. What it costs for the funds to be collected by the recipient.
- Delivery fee. What it costs for the funds to be delivered to the recipient's address.
- Cash advance fee. Charged by credit card issuers when using a credit card to fund a money transfer. Cash advance interest is applied additionally.
- Currency exchange rate. Not strictly a fee, but a poor exchange rate impacts how much your recipient will get.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Ireland from the UK
There are a few different ways to send money to Ireland if you don't want to use an online money transfer service.
- Banks. Slower and more expensive than an online money transfer service. Banks typically have uncompetitive exchange rates too.
- Crypto You can send cryptocurrency to the recipient's crypto wallet. Transfers between wallets on the same exchange are typically free. Using a stablecoin for the transfer mitigates market volatility.
- Money orders. A reliable way to send money, but one of the slower options available.
- Money transfer agents. An option if you want to use cash or if the recipient wants to collect cash.
- Prepaid cards. Inappropriate for large transfers. An option if you want to send a relatively small amount and aren't bothered with withdrawal limitations.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from the UK to arrive in Ireland?
The time frame will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Ireland if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Ireland from the UK?
Yes, sending money to Ireland from the UK is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Ireland from the UK?
Yes, purchasing a money order in the UK and sending it to Ireland via postal mail or tracked courier is possible. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Ireland from the UK?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Ireland with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Ireland from the UK?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Ireland from the UK. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact in stores and with people who accept it.