Unsure what is the best way to send money from the UK to a family member, friend, or business in Israel?
Recipients will get more shekels if they send money to Israel from the UK with an online international money transfer service because they offer more competitive exchange rates and cheaper transfer fees.
Need to transfer money to Israel from the UK?
Best ways to send money to Israel
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Israel.
First time sending?
How to send money to Israel from the UK
A money transfer service makes sending money to Israel from the UK easy and fast. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to get started.
- Choose the money transfer service that you want to use. You can find reputable money transfer services to help send money to Israel on this page.
- Register for an account. You must provide your name, address, email address, phone number, and photographic ID. Registration only takes a few minutes to complete.
- Configure your transfer. You will be asked how much money you want to send, how you would like it delivered or collected, and the recipient’s details. You can see exactly how much money the recipient will receive. The quoted exchange rate may only be valid for a limited time since rates fluctuate constantly.
- Choose your payment method. Depending on the money transfer service you use, you may be able to pay for your transfer with a bank transfer or debit card. Some services support credit cards. Keep in mind that the payment method you choose can affect how long it takes for the recipient to receive their funds.
- Send the money and track the transfer. Once initiated, you’ll be able to track its progress and keep the recipient informed.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Israel from the UK
- Service fee. The amount of money a money transfer service charges to send to Israel will vary depending on the amount of money being sent, how it is being delivered, and how the transaction is being funded.
- Collection fee. Charged to pick up cash.
- Delivery fee. Charged to have cash delivered to the recipient’s address.
- Cash advance fee. Charged by the credit card issuer when funding a money transfer with a credit card. Interest applies separately.
- Exchange rate. A poor rate can significantly affect the amount received. Especially relevant for large remittances.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Israel from the UK
There are a few ways to send money to Israel other than using an online money transfer service.
- Bank transfer. Sending money with your bank may be easy, but it is typically more expensive and slower than an international money transfer service.
- Crypto. If you and the recipient have crypto wallets, this can be a very cheap and fast option. Once the crypto is in their wallet, they can decide whether to hold it there or withdraw it to a bank account. Sending a stablecoin reduces the risk of losing money to price volatility.
- Money orders. Relatively slow, but it is a safe way to transfer funds. Once the money order arrives, your recipient can cash it in.
- Money transfer agents. An option if you want to fund the transfer with cash or if you or the recipient are unbanked.
- Prepaid cards. Restrictions on how much can be loaded and withdrawn make this inappropriate for large transfers.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from the UK to arrive in Israel?
The time frame will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Israel if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Israel from the UK?
Yes, sending money to Israel from the UKis safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Israel from the UK?
Yes, it is possible to purchase a money order in the UKand send it to Israel via postal mail or tracked courier. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Israel from the UK?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Israel with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Israel from the UK?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Israel from the UK. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact in stores and with people who accept it.