Are you on the hunt for the best way to send money from the UK to a family member, friend, or business in Kyrgyzstan?
Recipients will get more som if you send money to Kyrgyzstan from the UK with an online international money transfer service because of better exchange rates and lower fees.
Need to transfer money to Kyrgyzstan from the UK?
Best ways to send money to Kyrgyzstan
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Kyrgyzstan.
First time sending?
How to send money to Kyrgyzstan from the UK
Money transfer services are a quick, convenient, and inexpensive way to send money to Kyrgyzstan from the UK. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how they work if you’re new to using them.
- Choose a money transfer service. On this page, you can find reputable money transfer services that can transfer money to Kyrgyzstan.
- Open your account. Opening an account usually involves providing some personal information and proof of identification.
- Set up the transfer. Enter the recipient’s full name, address, how funds are to be delivered or collected, and how much to send.
- Choose how to pay for the transfer. Widely accepted options include bank transfer and debit card. Credit cards not as widely accepted. Funding methods can affect how long it takes for the transaction to complete.
- Send the money. Once initiated, you can track your transfer and inform the recipient of the progress.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Kyrgyzstan from the UK
- Service fee. The amount of money a money transfer service charges to send will vary depending on the amount of money being sent, how it is being delivered, and how the transaction is being funded.
- Collection fee. Charged for the recipient to pick up cash.
- Delivery fee. Charged to have cash delivered to the recipient’s address.
- Cash advance fee. Set by the credit card issuer when funding a money transfer with a credit card. Interest applies separately.
- Exchange rate. Whilst it is not a fee, the impact of the exchange rate becomes more pronounced when you remit large amounts of money.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Kyrgyzstan from the UK
There are several alternatives to using an online money transfer service if you need to send money to Kyrgyzstan.
- Bank transfer. Convenient but more expensive and generally slower than an international money transfer service. Delivery and collection options for bank transfers are typically limited in comparison.
- Crypto. If you and the recipient already have crypto wallets, sending crypto can be a cheap and fast alternative. Sending a stablecoin means the recipient is not as exposed to price fluctuations. However, it can be daunting to a first-timer.
- Money orders. One of the oldest ways to send money and also one of the slowest alternatives. Once the recipient receives the money order, they can cash it in.
- Money transfer agents. You can find an agent in most large towns and cities, but there's no guarantee there'll be one close to the recipient. Helpful if you need to get cash to the recipient quickly.
- Prepaid cards. Transaction limits, such as how much can be loaded and how much can be withdrawn per day, make prepaid cards impractical for large amounts. Can be slow since cards may need to be delivered.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from the UK to arrive in Kyrgyzstan?
The time frame will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Kyrgyzstan if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Kyrgyzstan from the UK?
Yes, sending money to Kyrgyzstan from the UK is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Kyrgyzstan from the UK?
Yes, it is possible to purchase a money order in the UK and send it to Kyrgyzstan via postal mail or tracked courier. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Kyrgyzstan from the UK?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Kyrgyzstan with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Kyrgyzstan from the UK?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Kyrgyzstan from the UK. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact in stores and with people who accept it.