Are you looking for the best way to send money from the UK to a family member, friend, or business in Laos?
Recipients will get more kips for the same amount of pounds when sending money to Laos from the UK with an online international money transfer service because of more competitive exchange rates and cheaper transfer fees.
Need to transfer money to Laos from the UK?
Best ways to send money to Laos
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Laos.
First time sending?
How to send money to Laos from the UK
Money transfer services are a quick, easy, and inexpensive way to send money to Laos from the UK. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how they work if you’ve never used one before.
- Choose what money transfer service to use. You can find many reputable money transfer companies that can send money to Laos.
- Open your account. This will usually involve providing some personal information and proof of identification.
- Set up the transfer. Enter details such as the recipient’s full name, address, bank account number (if you want funds delivered to a bank), and how much money you plan to send. Different money transfer services offer varying options on how the funds you send to Laos will be delivered to the recipient. Select the delivery option that serves you and the recipient.
- Choose how you want to pay for the transfer. Bank transfers or debit cards are widely accepted. Credit cards are accepted by some services.. How you pay will determine how long it takes for the entire transfer to complete.
- Send the money. You’ll be able to track its progress and keep the recipient informed. Alternatively, you can share a tracking link for them to use.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Laos from the UK
- Service fee. The amount of money a money transfer service charges to send will vary depending on the amount of money being sent, how it is being delivered, and how the transaction is being funded.
- Collection fee. Charged to collect cash.
- Delivery fee. Charged to have cash delivered to the recipient’s address.
- Cash advance fee. Set by the credit card issuer when funding a money transfer with a credit card. Interest will be charged in addition.
- Exchange rate. When you send large amounts of money abroad, the exchange rate can significantly impact how much your recipient will get.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Laos from the UK
Some alternatives to online money transfer services for sending money to Laos include using a prepaid debit card, a money order, or a wire transfer.
- Bank transfer. Convenient but more expensive and generally slower than an international money transfer service.
- Crypto. A cheap and very fast option if you and the recipient already have crypto wallets. Sending a stablecoin means the recipient is not exposed to volatile price fluctuations like they would if receiving Bitcoin or another token.
- Money orders. One of the oldest ways to send money. They’re also one of the slowest. Once the recipient receives the money order, they can cash it in.
- Money transfer agents. Locations in most large towns and cities. Check that there is one near the recipient so they can collect the funds. Useful if the recipient needs cash quickly.
- Prepaid cards. Limitations, such as how much can be loaded and how much can be withdrawn per day, mean prepaid cards are unsuitable for large transfers.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from the UK to arrive in Laos?
The time frame will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Laos if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Laos from the UK?
Yes, sending money to Laos from the UK is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Laos from the UK?
Yes, purchasing a money order in the UK and sending it to Laos via postal mail or tracked courier is possible. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Laos from the UK?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Laos with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Laos from the UK?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Laos from the UK. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact in stores and with people who accept it.