Are you looking for the best way to send money from the UK to a family member, friend, or business in Luxembourg?
Recipients will get more euros for the same amount of pounds if you send money to Luxembourg from the UK with an online international money transfer service because of their more competitive exchange rates and lower fees.
Need to transfer money to Luxembourg from the UK?
Best ways to send money to Luxembourg
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Luxembourg.
First time sending?
How to send money to Luxembourg from the UK
Sending money to Luxembourg from the UK is quick and easy with a money transfer service. This step-by-step guide explains how they work if you’ve never used one before.
- Choose a money transfer service. On this page, you can find reputable money transfer services to transfer money to Luxembourg.
- Create an account. All you need is your email address, phone number, and personal details. Opening an account takes a few minutes.
- Configure the transfer. Enter the amount to send, how you would like it delivered or collected, and the recipient’s details to receive a quote.
- Choose how to pay for your transfer. Widely supported funding options include bank transfers and debit cards. Credit cards are less widely accepted. The method you choose will affect the total time it takes to complete the transaction.
- Send. After you have sent the money, share the tracking link or reference number with the recipient.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Luxembourg from the UK
- Service fee. The amount of money a money transfer service charges to send will vary depending on the amount of money being sent, how it is being delivered, and how the transaction is being funded.
- Collection fee. Charged once by the service to pick up cash.
- Delivery fee. Charged once by the service to have cash delivered to the recipient’s address.
- Cash advance fee. Charged by the credit card issuer when funding a money transfer with a credit card. Interest at the cash advance rate will also be applied.
- Exchange rate. When sending a large amount of money, the exchange rate can significantly impact how much your recipient will get.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Luxembourg from the UK
Here are other options if you need to send money to Luxembourg but prefer not to use an online money transfer service.
- Bank transfer. Convenient but more expensive and generally slower than an international money transfer service. However, you can save time by not having to set up a new account and there are benefits of dealing with a bank.
- Crypto. If you and the recipient can use crypto, it can be a very cheap and fast alternative. Sending a stablecoin means the recipient is not exposed to the price volatility associated with tokens such as Bitcoin or another altcoin. However, sending crypto may be too complicated for some.
- Money orders. Slow, but established and reliable.
- Money transfer agents. Convenient if there is an agent nearby. Exchange rates may not be the most competitive.
- Prepaid cards. Not feasible for large transfers. Better suited to small transfers where speed is less of a concern.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from the UK to arrive in Luxembourg?
The time frame will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Luxembourg if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Luxembourg from the UK?
Yes, sending money to Luxembourg from the UK is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Luxembourg from the UK?
Yes, purchasing a money order in the UK and sending it to Luxembourg via postal mail or tracked courier is possible. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Luxembourg from the UK?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Luxembourg with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Luxembourg from the UK?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Luxembourg from the UK. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact in stores and with people who accept it.