Are you looking for the best way to send money from the UK to a family member, friend, or business in Macedonia?
Recipients will get more denars for the same amount of pounds if you send money to Macedonia from the UK with an online international money transfer service because of more competitive exchange rates and lower transfer fees.
Need to transfer money to Macedonia from the UK?
Best ways to send money to Macedonia
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Macedonia.
First time sending?
How to send money to Macedonia from the UK
Money transfer services are a quick, easy, and inexpensive way to send money to Macedonia from the UK. This step-by-step guide explains how they work for first-time users.
- Choose a money transfer service. On this page, you can find reputable money transfer services that can transfer money to Macedonia.
- Set up an account. Usually only takes a few minutes online. Requires some personal details and proof of ID.
- Configure the transfer. You will be asked for details about the recipient, how much money you want to send, and how you would like the funds delivered. Some money transfer services offer multiple delivery options. Choose the option that is most convenient for you and the recipient.
- Choose how to pay for the transfer. This can be done through a bank transfer or credit/debit card.
- Send the money. Most services let senders and recipients track transfers using a tracking link or reference number.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Macedonia from the UK
- Service fee. The amount of money a money transfer service charges to send will vary depending on the amount of money being sent, how it is being delivered, and how the transaction is being funded.
- Collection fee. Charged if you want the recipient to pick up cash.
- Delivery fee. Charged if you want to have cash delivered to the recipient’s address.
- Cash advance fee. Charged by the credit card issuer when funding a money transfer with a credit card. Interest will be applied separately.
- Exchange rate. When you send large amounts of money abroad, the exchange rate can significantly impact how much your recipient will get.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Macedonia from the UK
If you prefer not to use an online money transfer service, here are other ways to send money to Macedonia.
- Bank transfer. Convenient since no new account needs to be opened, and can be reassuring to deal with. However, banks are typically more expensive and generally slower than an international money transfer service.
- Crypto. A cheap and fast option, but can require some setup. Sending a stablecoin means the recipient is not exposed to fluctuations in price like they would if receiving Bitcoin or another token.
- Money orders. One of the oldest ways to send money but one of the slowest alternatives.
- Money transfer agents. A fast way to send cash, but exchange rates can be uncompetitive.
- Prepaid cards. Limits on how much the card can hold and withdrawal limits make prepaid cards impractical for large amounts.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from the UK to arrive in Macedonia?
The time frame will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Macedonia if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Macedonia from the UK?
Yes, sending money to Macedonia from the UK is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Macedonia from the UK?
Yes, purchasing a money order in the UK and sending it to Macedonia via postal mail or tracked courier is possible. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Macedonia from the UK?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Macedonia with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Macedonia from the UK?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Macedonia from the UK. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact in stores and with people who accept it.