Are you looking for the best way to send money from the UK to a family member, friend, or business in Madagascar?
Recipients will get more ariary for the same amount of pounds if you send money to Madagascar from the UK with an online international money transfer service because of their competitive exchange rates and cheaper fees.
Need to transfer money to Madagascar from the UK?
Best ways to send money to Madagascar
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Madagascar.
First time sending?
How to send money to Madagascar from the UK
Money transfer services are a convenient and fast way to send money to Madagascar from the UK. This step-by-step process explains how it works if you have never used one.
- Choose what money transfer service you would like to use. You can find reputable money transfer services on this page.
- Create an account. You will need to provide some personal information and proof of identification. Setting up an account can be completed in a few minutes.
- Set up the transfer. Enter the recipient’s full name, address, bank account number (if you want funds delivered to a bank), and how much money you plan to send. Different money transfer services offer varying options on how the funds you send to Madagascar will be delivered to the recipient. Select the delivery option that serves you and the recipient.
- Choose how you will pay for the transfer. You can use a bank transfer or debit card, with some services accepting credit card payments. How you pay will affect the time it takes to send the money.
- Confirm details and send. You can track the transfer's progress online using a reference number.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Madagascar from the UK
- Service fee. The amount of money a money transfer service charges to send will vary depending on the amount of money being sent, how it is being delivered, and how the transaction is being funded.
- Collection fee. Charged if you've chosen for the recipient to collect cash.
- Delivery fee. Charged if you've chosen for the cash to be delivered to the recipient’s address
- Cash advance fee. Charged by the credit card issuer if you pay for the money transfer with a credit card. Interest will be applied in addition.
- Exchange rate. When you send large amounts of money abroad, the exchange rate can significantly impact how much your recipient will get. Other fees have a bigger impact on smaller transfers.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Madagascar from the UK
Here are some of your best options if you are looking for an alternative to an online money transfer service for sending money to Madagascar.
- Bank transfer. Convenient but more expensive and generally slower than an international money transfer service. However, you may be reassured by using your existing account.
- Crypto. If the recipient can accept crypto, this can be a cheap and fast alternative. However, crypto can confuse those who have not used it before. The risk of losing money due to price volatility can be mitigated by sending a stablecoin.
- Money orders. One of the slower options, but reliable.
- Money transfer agents. Cash can be collected from locations in most large towns and cities worldwide, but exchange rates may not be the most competitive.
- Prepaid cards. Withdrawal limits and maximum amounts make prepaid cards impractical for large amounts.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from the UK to arrive in Madagascar?
The time frame will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Madagascar if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Madagascar from the UK?
Yes, sending money to Madagascar from the UK is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Madagascar from the UK?
Yes, purchasing a money order in the UK and sending it to Madagascar via postal mail or tracked courier is possible. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Madagascar from the UK?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Madagascar with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Madagascar from the UK?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Madagascar from the UK. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact in stores and with people who accept it.