Are you looking for the best way to send money from the UK to a family member, friend, or business in Mali?
Recipients will get more francs for the same amount of pounds if you send money to Mali from the UK using an online international money transfer service because of their competitive exchange rates and lower fees when compared with traditional bank transfer services.
Need to transfer money to Mali from the UK?
Best ways to send money to Mali
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Mali.
First time sending?
How to send money to Mali from the UK
Money transfer services offer a quick, convenient, and affordable way to send money to Mali from the UK. Follow this step-by-step guide to get started.
- Choose a money transfer service. On this page, you can find reputable money transfer services to transfer money to Mali.
- Create an account. You will need to provide some personal information and proof of identification.
- Configure a transfer. You will need to set how much money you want to send, how you would like it delivered, and the recipient’s details. You’ll see exactly how much money the recipient will receive. This quote may be valid for a limited time since exchange rates fluctuate constantly.
- Choose how to pay for the transfer. You could use a bank transfer, debit card, and, depending on the provider, a credit card or cash. How you fund the transfer affects the time it takes for the money to arrive.
- Confirm the details and send the money. Once you have confirmed all the correct information, send the money and inform the recipient.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Mali from the UK
- Service fee. The amount of money a money transfer service charges to send will vary depending on the amount of money being sent, how it is being delivered, and how the transaction is being funded.
- Collection fee. A fee charged if you need the recipient to be able to pick up cash.
- Delivery fee. The amount charged if you choose to have cash delivered to the recipient’s address.
- Cash advance fee. A fee charged by a credit card issuer when you fund a money transfer with a credit card. Interest will be applied in addition to the cash advance fee.
- Exchange rate. When you send money overseas, the exchange rate used by the transfer service can significantly impact how much your recipient will get.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Mali from the UK
There are other ways to send money to Mali if you do not want to use an online money transfer service.
- Bank transfer. Convenient but more expensive and generally slower than an international money transfer service.
- Crypto. If the recipient can accept crypto, this can be a very cheap and fast option. Sending a stablecoin means the recipient is not exposed to fluctuations in price, as they would if receiving Bitcoin or another token.
- Money orders. One of the oldest ways to send money. They’re also one of the slowest. Once the recipient receives the money order, they can cash it in.
- Money transfer agents. Located in most large towns and cities. Check that there is one near the recipient so they can collect the funds.
- Prepaid cards. Transaction limits, such as how much can be loaded and how much can be withdrawn per day, make prepaid cards impractical for large amounts.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from the UK to arrive in Mali?
The time frame will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Mali if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Mali from the UK?
Yes, sending money to Mali from the UK is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Mali from the UK?
Yes, purchasing a money order in the UK and sending it to Mali via postal mail or tracked courier is possible. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Mali from the UK?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Mali with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Mali from the UK?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Mali from the UK. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact in stores and with people who accept it.