Are you looking for the best way to send money from the UK to a family member, friend or business in Uzbekistan?
Recipients will get more soms for the same amount of pounds if you send money to Uzbekistan from the UK using an online international money transfer service because of their competitive exchange rates and lower fees.
Need to transfer money to Uzbekistan from the UK?
Best ways to send money to Uzbekistan
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Uzbekistan.
First time sending?
How to send money to Uzbekistan from the UK
A money transfer service is the best way to send money to Uzbekistan from the UK. It’s fast and convenient, and you should get a competitive exchange rate.
- Choose a money transfer service that can send money to Uzbekistan. On this page, you can find reputable money transfer services to transfer money to Uzbekistan.
- Open your account. This will usually involve providing some personal information and proof of identification.
- Configure a transfer. Choose how much money you want to send, how you would like it delivered, and the recipient’s details. You’ll see exactly how much money the recipient will receive. This quote may be valid for a limited time since exchange rates fluctuate constantly.
- Choose how to pay for the transfer. You could fund the transfer with a bank transfer, debit card or cash, and in some cases a credit card. Remember that how you pay will affect not only the time it takes to send the money but also the fee charged.
- Send the money and track the transfer. Once initiated, you can track your transfer's progress and keep the recipient informed.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Uzbekistan from the UK
- Service fee. The amount a money transfer service charges for your transaction will vary depending on the amount of money being sent, how it is being delivered, and how the transaction is being funded.
- Collection fee. A fee charged if you want your recipient to be able to pick up cash rather than receiving the transfer as a credit to their bank account.
- Delivery fee. An additional fee charged to have cash delivered to the recipient’s address, if you choose this delivery method.
- Cash advance fee. A charge by your credit card issuer if you decide to fund your money transfer using a credit card. Interest charges also apply.
- Exchange rate. When you send money overseas, the exchange rate used by the transfer service can significantly impact how much your recipient will receive.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Uzbekistan from the UK
Other methods for sending money to Uzbekistan exist if you do not want to use an online money transfer service.
- Bank transfer. You can make a bank-to-bank transfer using the SWIFT network. This is one of the most common ways to send money internationally. Your recipient’s bank will likely charge a fee, and the exchange rate used may work out to be less beneficial than an online transfer service's rate, so compare costs before you choose this option.
- Crypto. If the recipient can accept crypto, this can be a very cheap and fast option. Sending a stablecoin means the recipient is not exposed to fluctuations in price, as they would be if receiving Bitcoin or another token.
- Money orders. A money order is one of the oldest ways to send money from the UK to Uzbekistan. You can buy a money order from your bank and send it to your recipient’s postal address. Your recipient will then be able to cash it in. This method is, however, relatively slow.
- Money transfer agents. A money transfer agent is an option if you don’t have a bank account or want to use cash. Check that there is also a money transfer agent, where they can collect funds, located near the recipient .
- Prepaid cards. These can be purchased online and sent to the recipient in Uzbekistan. The recipient can then use the card to withdraw cash from an ATM or make purchases. Most prepaid cards have transaction limits, such as how much can be loaded and how much can be spent or withdrawn in one go or within a day.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from the UK to arrive in Uzbekistan?
The time frame will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Uzbekistan if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Uzbekistan from the UK?
Yes, sending money to Uzbekistan from the UK is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Uzbekistan from the UK?
Yes, it is possible to purchase a money order in the UK and send it to Uzbekistan via postal mail or tracked courier. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, or similar agency.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Uzbekistan from the UK?
Yes. Some transfer services allow you to fund a money transfer to Uzbekistan with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Uzbekistan from the UK?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Uzbekistan from the UK. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact in stores and with people who accept it.