This document sets out FINTY PTE. LTD.’s (UEN No. 201626912E) (“Finty”) internal policy regulating the manner in which we collect, use, disclose, protect and manage any data which you have provided to us, which is capable of identifying you as an individual, whether on its own or in conjunction with any other data which is or is likely to be accessible by us (“Personal Data”).
By accessing and/or using Finty’s Site and/or App, you are deemed to have agreed to this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please cease to access and/or use Finty’s Site and/or App immediately.
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION AND USE
- Application Form Information
- If you choose to initiate the application process for any financial service or product via our Site and/or App, we may collect any or all of the following types of Personal Data from you using our Application Form:
- Full name and/or name to be displayed on credit card;
- Former names and aliases;
- Email address;
- Mobile telephone number;
- NRIC Number and image of front and back of NRIC;
- Passport Number, Expiry Date and Issuing Country;
- Country of Residence;
- Country of Birth;
- Date of Birth;
- Foreign Identification Number
- Overseas Address and contact number;
- Multiple nationalities information (if more than one);
- Martial Status;
- Number of Dependents;
- Education history;
- Employment pass type, number and expiry date;
- Employment details (incl. employer’s name and address, type of industry, status, position, occupation, title, length of time with employer, monthly income, annual income);
- Tax residency;
- Reference check information (incl. name of your reference, relationship to your reference and reference’s contact number); and
- Proof of income (incl. CPF Statement(s) and bank account statement(s)).
- The Personal Data that we may collect from you is necessary for the purpose of initiating your application for the relevant product and/or service from the relevant Financial Service Provider. The types of Personal Data which we may collect from you is determined by the requirements of each respective Financial Service Provider. The Personal Data we have collected from you will be forwarded to the relevant Financial Service Provider to allow the Financial Service Provider to begin processing your application and to contact you in relation to the product and/or service that you have applied for, and to provide you with marketing information (only if you have consented to the same via our Application Form). Your Personal Data may also be used by us in relation to any promotion that we may be offering to our users in respect of any or all of the financial products and/or services found on our Site and/or App from time to time.
- By providing your Personal Data to us via our Application Form on our Site and/or App, you are deemed to have consented to allow us to forward the same to the relevant Financial Service Provider.
- Automatic Information: We may receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, we may use “cookies” which gather information whenever your browser accesses our website. The information which we collect may include but is not limited to the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; the website visited before you reached Finty’s site; your login information; email address for your Finty account; password to your Finty account; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, time zone ettings, browser plug-in types and versions; operating system and platform; and products you have viewed or searched for previously. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may modify your browser settings to decline cookies. Please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the features of our Site and/or App if you decline to accept cookies from us.
- Mobile: When you download or use the App which we have created, or when you access Finty’s Site via your mobile device, we may receive information about your mobile device’s location and of your mobile device itself, including but not limited to a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, including advertising, search results, and other personalized content. If you do not wish for us to collect such information from your mobile device, most mobile devices allow you to turn off such location services. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend that you contact your mobile service carrier or device manufacturer.
OTHER USES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- In addition to the uses listed above, the Personal Data that we gather from you may be used in any or all of the following ways:
- for your access and use of our comparison services;
- to direct any enquiry by you about the relevant product or service that you are interested into the financial institutions that we work with and to enable them to contact you in respect of the same;
- to personalize and manage our Site and/or App for you and to display advertising which may be of interest to you;
- to send you information concerning products and services which you may be of interest to you;
- to contact you in the event that you have raised any complaint, given feedback to us, raised a query and/or any other type of request with us;
- to improve our service to you and other users;
- to facilitate any investigation as may be carried out by a competent authority;
- to conduct internal audits;
- in any manner as may be required by any act, statute, law, regulation or order of a competent authority, Court or tribunal of competent jurisdiction.
- We will not use your Personal Data for any other purpose not contemplated within this policy unless we have obtained your deemed or express consent.
DO NOT CALL PROVISIONS
- Finty is committed to complying with the Do Not Call provisions in the Personal Data Protection Act 2012. We are mindful of engaging each of our users in a targeted and relevant way which respects our users’ individual preferences.
- We may send marketing information to your Singapore telephone number if:
- you have given us your consent to do so;
- your telephone number is not registered with the Do Not Call Registry administered by the Data Protection Commission of Singapore; OR
- the sending of such information to your Singapore telephone number is otherwise permissible under the applicable laws and regulations.
- Any marketing information that we send to you is intended to keep you updated on any new products and/or services that have been added to our Site and/or App, exclusive offers, rewards, special deals and/or other promotions that we or the Financial Service Providers that we partner may offer from time to time.
- If you do not wish to continue receiving such marketing information from us, you may opt out of the same (i.e. withdraw your consent to receiving marketing information by that medium) by replying to the SMS according to the instructions for unsubscribing in the said SMS, by informing Finty’s representative who has called you of the same, or by contacting us at email@example.com. Your request will be processed within 30 days.
- Please note that after opting out, you may still continue to receive from us non-marketing information such as product updates and service notices, as permitted under the applicable laws and regulations.
PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We take the protection of your Personal Data from unauthorized access by others seriously. We shall make reasonable security arrangements to prevent the unauthorized use, collection, disclosure or copying of your Personal Data.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT TO USE, ACCESS AND CORRECTIONS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- You are entitled to withdraw your consent to any use and/or disclosure of your Personal Data that you have provided to us. This may be performed by following the instructions to unsubscribe as may be contained in the media by which our marketing information was sent to you. However, if you withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure which is necessary for us to provide our services to you, you will no longer be able to use our services. If the event that you inform us of your desire to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of information which is necessary for us to provide our services to you, we will advise you of the consequences as part of the withdrawal process.
- You may request to have access to the Personal Data that you have provided to us and which we retain, and/or request that we disclose the ways in which your Personal Data has been used or to whom it may have been disclosed to. We are required to respond to all requests for access by you within 30 days of receipt of your request unless otherwise stated by us.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that all the Personal Data you provide to us is accurate and complete. Nevertheless, mistakes do occur and in such event, you are entitled to make corrections to your Personal Data. For direct requests to us, we are required to respond to you in respect of your request for correction within 30 days unless otherwise stated by us.
CONTACTING US ABOUT THIS POLICY
- In respect of any of the matters about this policy in general, you may direct your queries to our appointed Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioural advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The "help" feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalised ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.