Who are Sheng Siong credit cards suitable for?
Sheng Siong credit cards may be an excellent choice for:
- Frequent Sheng Siong shoppers. If Sheng Siong is your go-to supermarket for groceries, paying with a credit card that rewards your loyalty might make sense.
- Cash rebate/cashback lovers. Who doesn't like seeing cash rebates on their monthly statements or earning cashback?
What to compare for Sheng Siong credit cards
When comparing Sheng Siong credit cards, you'll want to consider:
- Cashback rate. What percentage of cashback can you earn on your spending at Sheng Siong? Is it worth paying an annual fee for?
- Rebate caps. Is how much cashback you can earn per month capped? Will this affect you based on your spending habits? (There are a few cards with unlimited cashback.)
- Minimum spend requirements. Do you need to spend a certain amount each month to qualify for cashback or rebates? Can you realistically hit that amount without stretching? Some cards have no set minimum spend requirement.
How to compare Sheng Siong credit cards
Compared available credit cards and decided you want one to get every cent possible on your Sheng Sion spend? Follow these steps to help pick your new cards.
- Determine your average monthly spending at Sheng Siong to establish a baseline.
- Draw up a list of credit cards offering rebates, cashback, or rewards for spending at Sheng Siong.
- Compare each card's key features, such as cashback rate, rebate caps, minimum spend requirements, and annual fees (considering your established baseline).
- Assess how well each card aligns with your spending habits and which will provide the most benefits.
- When you have filtered down to a single card, submit your application.
- If the card has a welcome bonus you want to get, spend strategically to unlock that.
Pros and cons
- Earn cashback or rebates on your Sheng Siong spending
- Potentially save money by maximising your credit card benefits
- Enjoy additional perks, often travel-related
- Minimum spend requirements may encourage excessive spending
- Rebate caps may limit the benefits you receive
- Annual fees might reduce the overall value of the credit card
Does Sheng Siong have its own rewards program?
Unlike other supermarkets, Sheng Sion does not have its own rewards program. However, you can still use a credit card with rewards or cashback on supermarket category spend when you do your shopping at one of their stores.