- Polygon (MATIC) is an Ethereum-scaling platform used by thousands of decentralised applications (dApps) to scale their performance.
- Polygon uses a Proof of Stake (PoS) protocol.
- Polygon tokens can be purchased on any Polygon-supported crypto exchange or wallet.
If you are interested in buying Polygon (MATIC) from Australia, the easiest way to buy is with a crypto exchange where Polygon is listed.
This is a step-by-step guide for where and how Australians can buy Polygon today.
Coming up next
Where to buy Polygon MATIC
- Sign up on Binance Australia to get a 100 USDT cashback voucher. Terms and Conditions apply.
- World's largest crypto exchanges.
- Buy, sell, trade, and stake 1,000s of crypto coins and trading pairs.
- Zero-fee deposit via PayID or Osko from Australia.
- Receive $10 worth of BTC when you sign up and verify your account.
- Trade over 300 assets on Swyftx including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple and Litecoin as well as DeFi coins such as UniCoin.
- Deposit or withdraw funds from your account using several payment methods (PayID, OSKI, POLi or bank transfers).
- New to Crypto? Try Swyftx's demo mode, it allows you to mock trade with no financial risk while you learn the ropes of crypto trading.
- Buy Bitcoin, Ethereum, XRP and over 370 other digital currencies.
- Refer a friend and earn $10 BTC.
- Get 24/7 helpdesk support.
Crypto assets are unregulated & highly speculative. No consumer protection. Capital at risk.
- Access thousands of assets across multiple categories.
- Copy trades of popular investors that trade Crypto.
- Access powerful analysis tools and innovative social features.
Step 1: Find an exchange that sells Polygon
Given that Polygon's MATIC token has become one of the most popular crypto tokens, lots of the top crypto exchanges offer it. If you're comparing crypto exchanges where you can buy Polygon, the most important factors to consider are security and fees.
Step 2: Set up and verify your account
Before you are able to purchase MATIC with an exchange, you must first create an account and then verify your identity for regulation and security. This is a simple procedure that takes only a few minutes to complete. Most likely, you'll need to supply your name, birth date, country of residence, and phone number. You might also be required to provide further proof of identification such as a copy of your driving license, passport, or other government-issued ID.
Step 3: Transfer funds
You can add funds to your account in a variety of ways. You can deposit fiat currency (AUD) from your bank account, credit or debit card, PayID, PayPal, POLi, etc. It might take a few days for cash to be cleared. You can also fund your account with crypto. Some exchanges require a minimum deposit.
Step 4: Decide how much to invest
It is important to set a firm budget for how much to invest in Polygon MATIC. Since the value of Polygon can be volatile, you should only invest what you can afford to lose.
Step 5: Purchase MATIC
Once your account has been verified and funded, you can buy MATIC. Depending on the exchange you select, you might be able to create a recurring order and automatically buy more MATIC on a regular basis. Some exchanges offer the option of using stops and limits.
Where to store your MATIC
When it comes to storing your MATIC, you have a multitude of options including your exchange wallet, Polygon wallets, and other third-party wallets.
If you want anytime access, you should store your MATIC in a hot wallet such as MetaMask. However, if you don't require frequent access, consider storing your coins in a cold wallet for greater security.
Disclaimer: This is not a recommendation. The views expressed in this article are those of the writer alone and do not constitute financial advice. Advertisers cannot influence editorial content. However, Finty and/or the writer may have a position in the cryptocurrencies mentioned. Finty is committed to providing factual, honest, and accurate information that is compliant with governing laws and regulations. Do your own due diligence and seek professional financial advice before deciding to invest in one of the products mentioned. For more information, see Finty’s editorial guidelines and terms and conditions.