What's the best way to send money from Australia to a family member, friend, or business in Armenia?
Recipients will get more drams if you send money to Armenia from Australia with an online international money transfer service because of their more competitive exchange rates and cheaper transfer fees.
Need to transfer money to Armenia from Australia?
Best ways to send money to Armenia
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Armenia.
First time sending?
How to send money to Armenia from Australia
Online international money transfer services are a convenient and fast way to send money to Armenia from Australia. This step-by-step guide explains how they work.
- Choose a money transfer service to use. Compare fees, transfer times, delivery options, and other factors. Then, choose the one that suits your needs best.
- Create an account. You must provide personal information and proof of identification to open an account with a money transfer service. It doesn’t take much longer than a few minutes to complete.
- Configure a transfer. Configure how much money you want to send, the recipient’s details, and how you would like funds delivered. You’ll see exactly how much money the recipient will receive at this stage, but this quote may be valid for a limited time since exchange rates fluctuate constantly.
- Choose how to pay for the transfer. Your options usually include bank transfer, debit or credit card, or cash. The method you choose will affect the time it takes for the money to reach its destination.
- Send the money and track the transfer. Once initiated, you and the recipient can track the progress of the money transfer. You may be able to give the recipient a shareable link so they can track the transfer too.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Armenia from Australia
- Service fee. How much you will be charged for sending money to Armenia depends on the service you use, how much money you send, how it will be delivered, and how you plan to fund the transaction.
- Collection fee. There may be a fee for the recipient to collect the money from an agreed nearby location.
- Delivery fee. There will probably be a separate fee if the funds are to be delivered to the recipient's address.
- Cash advance fee. Funding a money transfer with a credit card will be classified by the issuer as equivalent to a cash advance, meaning you'll be charged a one-off cash advance fee. Additionally, the cash advance rate will apply immediately.
- Exchange rate. Although not strictly a fee, the exchange rate affects the final cost of the transaction. Therefore, choosing a service with a poor exchange rate means the recipient receives less money.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Armenia from Australia
Other options exist for sending money to Nigeria if you do not want to use an online money transfer service.
- Bank transfer. This option can take a few days for the money to arrive. It may be the easiest since your bank can do it for you, but it is also expensive since banks do not typically have competitive fees or exchange rates.
- Crypto. Using a crypto exchange, you can send cryptocurrency like Bitcoin to Armenia from Australia. The recipient can then sell the crypto for cash or use it to pay for goods and services. Transfers between wallets on the same exchange are usually free and instant. Options that operate internationally include Binance and Kraken.
- Money orders. One of the oldest ways to transfer money, but it can be slow since the money order generally has to be posted to the recipient and then cashed in.
- Money transfer agents. If you don’t have access to a bank account or prefer to fund a transfer with cash, you can use a money transfer agent. It’s a good idea to find out if there is somewhere convenient for the recipient to collect their funds.
- Prepaid cards. These cards can be loaded with cash and then used to withdraw money at an ATM in Armenia. But, there are limitations on how much can be loaded onto the card and drawn.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from Australia to arrive in Armenia?
The length of time depends on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Armenia if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the money to the recipient for an extra fee. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Armenia from Australia?
Yes, sending money to Armenia from Australia is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Armenia from Australia?
Yes, it is possible to purchase a money order in Australia and send it to Armenia via postal mail or tracked courier. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Armenia from Australia?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Armenia with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Armenia from Australia?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Armenia from Australia. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact with stores and people who accept it.