Are you looking for the best way to send money from Australia to a family member, friend, or business in Austria?
Recipients will get more euros if you send money to Austria from Australia with an online international money transfer service because they offer more competitive exchange rates and cheaper transfer fees.
Need to transfer money to Austria from Australia?
Best ways to send money to Austria
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Austria.
First time sending?
How to send money to Austria from Australia
Online money transfer services are a quick, easy, and affordable way to send money to Austria from Australia. This guide provides a step-by-step explanation of how they work.
- Choose a money transfer service. On this page, you can find reputable money transfer services that can transfer money to Austria. First, compare fees, transfer times, delivery options, etc. Then, choose one that best suits your needs.
- Register for an account. You can set up your account online in a few minutes. Typically you will need to provide details including name, email address, phone number, and ID.
- Configure the transfer. You will be asked to specify how much money you want to send, how you would like it delivered, and the recipient’s details. Then, you’ll see precisely how much money the recipient will receive. This quote may be valid for a limited time since exchange rates fluctuate constantly.
- Choose how to pay for the transfer. You can fund your transfer with a bank transfer or debit card. Some services support credit cards and cash. Your chosen funding method will affect the time it takes for the transfer and the amount of money you will end up paying in fees.
- Send the money and track the transfer. Once initiated, you’ll be able to track its progress and keep the recipient informed of its progress.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Austria from Australia
- Service fee. The amount a money transfer service charges to send money to Austria varies depending on the amount being sent, how it will be delivered, and the payment method used.
- Collection fee. Depending on the service, the sender or recipient may be charged a fee to pick up cash.
- Delivery fee. There is usually a fee to have the money delivered to the recipient’s address.
- Cash advance fee. If you fund the transfer with a credit card, the issuer will typically classify it as a cash advance and charge a fee. This fee is usually a percentage of the total amount you’re sending or a flat fee, whichever is greater.
- Currency exchange rate. When you make a transfer, the recipient bank will likely use a different exchange rate than what’s offered by your bank.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Austria from Australia
If you don’t want to use a money transfer service, here are other ways to send money to Austria.
- Bank transfer. This is the most common way to send money from Australia to Austria. Your bank can do it for you, but it is typically more expensive and slower than an international money transfer service.
- Crypto. This option is growing in popularity since crypto transfers are fast and can be a very cheap way to transfer money, depending on the coin. The recipient can hold crypto in their wallet or arrange to withdraw euros to their bank account.
- Money orders. There are many locations in Australia where you can buy a money order, which can be sent to the recipient. Once received, they can cash it in. It’s a tried and tested option, but it is slow.
- Money transfer agents. A money transfer agent may be an option if you don’t have a bank account or want to use cash. Ask whether one is near the recipient so they can collect their funds.
- Prepaid cards. These can be purchased online and loaded with cash to be used at an ATM in Austria. However, there may be limits on how much you can load onto the card and how much your recipient can withdraw daily.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from Australia to arrive in Austria?
The time frame will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Austria if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Austria from Australia?
Yes, sending money to Austria from Australia is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Austria from Australia?
Yes, purchasing a money order in Australia and sending it to Austria via postal mail or tracked courier is possible. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Austria from Australia?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Austria with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Austria from Australia?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Austria from Australia. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact in stores and with people who accept it.