Are you looking for the best way to send money from Australia to a family member, friend, or business in Azerbaijan?
Recipients will receive more manats if you use an online international money transfer service because they offer more competitive exchange rates and cheaper transfer fees.
Need to transfer money to Azerbaijan from Australia?
Best ways to send money to Azerbaijan
- Enjoy great exchange rates and low fees.
- Every transfer carries a delivery promise. Have your money delivered on time or get your money back.
- Safety and security. Remitly uses industry-standard security protocols and encryption.
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Azerbaijan.
First time sending?
How to send money to Azerbaijan from Australia
A dedicated online money transfer service provides a quick and easy way to send money to Azerbaijan from Australia. This step-by-step guide explains how to use them.
- Choose a money transfer service. On this page, you can find a reputable money transfer service that can transfer money to Azerbaijan.
- Create an account. To create an account, you must provide personal information and proof of identification. It only takes a few minutes to get set up.
- Configure the transfer. You must specify the amount of money you want to send, how you want it delivered, and the recipient’s details. Then, you will see precisely the amount the recipient will receive. This quote may only be valid for a limited time as exchange rates constantly change.
- Choose how to pay for the transfer. Depending on the service used, you have a few options: bank transfer, debit card, credit card, or cash. Be mindful that how you pay will affect the time it takes to transfer the money.
- Send the money and track the transfer. Once initiated, you’ll be able to track its progress and keep the recipient informed. Most services provide a shareable link the recipient can use to track the transfer.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Azerbaijan from Australia
- Service fee. The amount a money transfer service charges to send money to Azerbaijan depends on various factors, such as how much you send, the delivery type, and the payment method.
- Collection fee. The recipient may be charged a fee to pick up cash.
- Delivery fee. Most services charge extra to deliver the money to the recipient's address.
- Cash advance fee. Funding the transfer with a credit card? Be aware that most banks will charge a cash advance fee and apply the cash advance rate.
- Exchange rate. The more you send, the more important the exchange rate is. A poor exchange rate can mean the recipient receives significantly fewer manats.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Azerbaijan from Australia
Here are some other methods for sending money to Azerbaijan to consider.
- Bank transfer. Sending money with your existing bank may be easy, but it will typically cost more, take longer, and offer fewer delivery options than an international money transfer service.
- Crypto. Transferring money on the blockchain is fast and cheap. When the transfer completes, the recipient can choose whether to hold funds in their wallet or withdraw to a bank account.
- Money orders. You can purchase a money order in Australia and then send it to Azerbaijan via postal mail or courier. The recipient can then cash the money order.
- Money transfer agents. Convenient if you don’t have a bank account or want to use cash instead of a bank transfer or card. Check that there is a pick-up location close to the recipient where they can collect their funds.
- Prepaid cards. You can purchase a prepaid card and send it to your recipient, who can then use it to withdraw cash from an ATM. Remember that there may be limits on how much money you can load on the card and how much can be withdrawn at once or in a day.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from Australia to arrive in Azerbaijan?
The time frame will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Azerbaijan if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so that the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or the cash can be delivered to them by a courier. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Azerbaijan from Australia?
Yes, sending money to Azerbaijan from Australia is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Azerbaijan from Australia?
Yes, it is possible to purchase a money order in Australia and send it to Azerbaijan via postal mail or tracked courier. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Azerbaijan from Australia?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Azerbaijan with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Azerbaijan from Australia?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Azerbaijan from Australia. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact with stores and people who accept it.