Are you searching for the best way to send money from Australia to a family member, friend, or business in Bahrain?
Recipients will get more dinars if they send money to Bahrain from Australia with an online international money transfer service because they offer more competitive exchange rates and cheaper transfer fees.
Need to transfer money to Bahrain from Australia?
Best ways to send money to Bahrain
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Bahrain.
First time sending?
How to send money to Bahrain from Australia
Money transfer services offer a quick, convenient, and affordable way to send money to Bahrain from Australia. Use this step-by-step guide to get started.
- Choose a money transfer service to use. On this page, you can find a reputable money transfer service to transfer money to Bahrain.
- Create an account. Setting up an account is quick and easy. You will need to provide some personal information and proof of identification. It can all be done online and only takes a few minutes to complete.
- Choose your transfer method. Depending on the service you choose to go with, you may be able to send money to the recipient's bank account, have cash delivered, arrange for a collection, or even credit their mobile phone.
- Choose how to pay for the transfer. For example, you could fund the transfer with a bank transfer, debit card, credit card, or cash. (Options vary between services.) How you fund the transfer affects how long it will take for the money to arrive.
- Confirm the details and send the money. The recipient will receive a notification that the money is on the way. You may wish to share a reference number or tracking link with the recipient since it may be required to collect money.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Bahrain from Australia
- Service fee. The cost of sending money to Bahrain varies depending on the amount sent, funding method, and delivery.
- Collection fee. If the recipient wants to collect cash, there may be an additional fee to the sender or recipient.
- Delivery fee. There may be a fee to deliver the money to the recipient conveniently.
- Cash advance fee. Most credit cards treat the funding of a money transfer as a cash advance. This means paying a one-off cash advance fee and the cash advance interest rate, which can be high.
- Exchange rate. When sending a large amount of money, the exchange rate affects how much money the recipient gets.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Bahrain from Australia
Alternatives to online money transfer services for sending money to Bahrain include using a traditional bank transfer, a money exchange service, and a prepaid debit card.
- Bank transfer. Sending money with your bank may be easy, but it is typically more expensive, slower, and much less flexible than what's possible with an international money transfer service.
- Crypto. You could buy a stablecoin and send that to the recipient's wallet. Fees can be high depending on the exchange, but crypto transfers are generally fast.
- Money orders. A reliable way to send money to Bahrain, but slow. The recipient can cash in the money order at a bank in Bahrain.
- Money transfer agents. An option for people without a bank account or who want to use cash. Check that there is a money transfer agent near the recipient where they can collect their funds.
- Prepaid cards. A prepaid card can be loaded with cash for you or your recipient to withdraw as cash at an ATM in Bahrain. This may incur a foreign exchange transaction fee. Most cards have limits on how much money can be loaded and withdrawn.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from Australia to arrive in Bahrain?
The length of time will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Bahrain if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash for an extra fee. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Bahrain from Australia?
Yes, sending money to Bahrain from Australia is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Bahrain from Australia?
Yes, it is possible to purchase a money order in Australia and send it to Bahrain via postal mail or tracked courier. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Bahrain from Australia?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Bahrain with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Bahrain from Australia?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Bahrain from Australia. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact with stores and people who accept it.