Are you looking for the best way to send money from Australia to a family member, friend, or business in Belgium?
Recipients will get more euros if you send money to Belgium from Australia with an online international money transfer service because they offer more competitive exchange rates and cheaper transfer fees.
Need to transfer money to Belgium from Australia?
Best ways to send money to Belgium
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Belgium.
First time sending?
How to send money to Belgium from Australia
Money transfer services offer a quick, easy, and affordable way to send money to Belgium from Australia. This step-by-step guide will show you how to use one.
- Choose a money transfer service. First, compare different money transfer services’ fees, transfer times, and delivery options. Then, choose one that best suits your needs.
- Open your account. This will usually involve providing personal information and proof of identification. It can be completed entirely online.
- Configure the transfer. You must provide the recipient’s full name, address, bank account number (if that’s where you want funds delivered), and how much money to send. Depending on the service used, you may be able to choose how funds will be delivered to the recipient.
- Choose how to fund the transfer. Available funding options vary between services. The overall cost and transfer time are affected by how you fund the transfer.
- Send the money and track the transfer. Once initiated, you’ll be able to track its progress and keep the recipient informed.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Belgium from Australia
- Service fee. The amount charged by a money transfer service to send money to Belgium will vary depending on how much is being sent, how it is delivered, and how the transaction has been funded.
- Collection fee. The recipient may be charged a fee to pick up cash.
- Delivery fee. Most money transfer services charge a delivery fee to deliver cash to the recipient at an agreed address.
- Cash advance fee. Funding the transfer with your credit card? Expect to be charged as if it was a cash advance. Typically this means incurring interest immediately and being charged a one-off cash advance fee too.
- Exchange rate. When sending large amounts of money, an uncompetitive exchange rate can significantly affect how much the recipient gets.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Belgium from Australia
Here are some alternative methods for sending money to Belgium if you don’t want to use an online money transfer service.
- Bank transfer. While it is usually relatively easy, using your bank is generally more expensive because of its exchange rate. Additionally, it can take a few days for the money to arrive.
- Crypto. Sending crypto to the recipient is fast and cheap, depending on the coin. The recipient can choose whether to hold crypto in their wallet or withdraw euros to their bank account.
- Money orders. Tried and tested, but slow. After buying a money order and sending it to the recipient, they can cash it in.
- Money transfer agents. An option if you don’t have a bank account or want to use cash. Check that the recipient can collect their funds at a nearby agent.
- Prepaid cards. You can load a prepaid card with cash and have it delivered to your recipient, who can use it to spend or withdraw money from an ATM in Belgium. However, this service may apply, and currency conversion fees may apply if the card is not denominated in Euros. Check the card’s terms and conditions for details on limits and other restrictions.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from Australia to arrive in Belgium?
The length of time will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Belgium if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver it to them. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Belgium from Australia?
Yes, sending money to Belgium from Australia is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Belgium from Australia?
Yes, purchasing a money order in Australia and sending it to Belgium via postal mail or tracked courier is possible. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Belgium from Australia?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Belgium with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Belgium from Australia?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Belgium from Australia. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact with stores and people who accept it.