Are you looking for the best way to send money from Australia to a family member, friend, or business in Benin?
Recipients will get more francs if you send money to Benin from Australia with an online international money transfer service because they offer more competitive exchange rates and cheaper transfer fees.
Need to transfer money to Benin from Australia?
Best ways to send money to Benin
- Enjoy great exchange rates and low fees.
- Every transfer carries a delivery promise. Have your money delivered on time or get your money back.
- Safety and security. Remitly uses industry-standard security protocols and encryption.
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Benin.
First time sending?
How to send money to Benin from Australia
Money transfer services make sending money to Benin from Australia easy and affordable. This step-by-step process will help you get started.
- Choose a money transfer service. On this page, you can find a reputable money transfer service to transfer money to Benin.
- Create your profile. You will need to provide personal information and proof of identification. This can be done online in a few minutes.
- Configure the transfer. When you set up a transfer to Benin with a money transfer service, you will be asked to specify how much money you want to send and the delivery method. Some money transfer services offer multiple delivery methods, such as bank deposit, cash collection, or mobile credit. Choose the delivery method that is most convenient for the recipient.
- Choose how to pay for the transfer. Available options depend on the service chosen. Most accept a bank transfer or debit card. Credit cards or cash may be accepted too. How you pay will affect how long it takes for the money to arrive.
- Send the money and track the transfer. Once initiated, you'll be able to track the progress of your funds. In addition, you may be able to provide the recipient with a link so they can stay updated.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Benin from Australia
- Service fee. The amount a money transfer service will charge for sending money to Benin will depend on several factors, including how much is sent, the delivery method, and how the transaction is funded.
- Collection fee. A fee may be charged to the recipient to collect cash at a specified location in Benin.
- Delivery fee. If you want CFA francs delivered to the recipient, expect to pay extra for the service.
- Cash advance fee. The transaction is typically treated as a cash advance when funding a money transfer with a credit card. This means incurring the cash advance fee and interest rate.
- Exchange rate. If you send a large amount of money, the exchange rate can significantly impact how much the recipient will get.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Benin from Australia
Here are some alternatives to online money transfer services that can be used for sending money to Benin.
- Bank transfer. Sending money with your bank may be easy, but it is typically more expensive, slower, and less flexible than an international money transfer service.
- Crypto. If the recipient can accept crypto, this can be a very cheap and fast option. Once the crypto is in their wallet, they can decide whether to hold it there or withdraw it to a bank account.
- Money orders. A money order is one of the oldest ways to send money. For example, you can purchase a money order in Australia and then send it to Benin via post or courier. The recipient can then cash the money order.
- Money transfer agents. Useful if you do not have a bank account or want to use cash. You'll need to check with the recipient that they can get to an agent near them to collect the money.
- Prepaid cards. A prepaid card can be loaded with cash and then used to withdraw money at an ATM in Benin. However, there may be fees associated with this service, including a foreign exchange transaction fee, and the amount that can be loaded onto the card may be limited.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from Australia to arrive in Benin?
The time frame depends on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Benin if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Benin from Australia?
Yes, sending money to Benin from Australia is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Benin from Australia?
Yes, it is possible to purchase a money order in Australia and send it to Benin via post or tracked courier. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Benin from Australia?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Benin with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Benin from Australia?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Benin from Australia. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact with stores and people who accept it.