Are you looking for the best way to send money from Australia to a family member, friend, or business in Bolivia?
Recipients will get more bolivianos if you send money to Bolivia from Australia with an online international money transfer service because they offer more competitive exchange rates and cheaper transfer fees.
Need to transfer money to Bolivia from Australia?
Best ways to send money to Bolivia
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Bolivia.
First time sending?
How to send money to Bolivia from Australia
Money transfer services are a fast, convenient, and affordable way to send money to Bolivia from Australia. This step-by-step guide will show you how it works.
- Choose the money transfer service you want to use. First, compare the various fees, transfer times, and delivery options. Then, choose whichever one works best for you and the recipient.
- Create an account. You will need to provide personal information and proof of identification.
- Set up the transfer. You will need to provide the recipient’s full name, address, and bank account number (if you want funds delivered to a bank). You will also need to specify how much money you want to send. Different money transfer services offer varying options on how the funds you send will be delivered to your recipient. Select the delivery option that best serves you and the recipient.
- Choose how to pay for your money transfer. You can typically fund the transfer with a bank or debit card. However, other options, such as a credit card or cash, may be available. How you pay will affect the time it takes for the transfer to complete and for your recipient to receive the funds.
- Confirm the details and send the money. Depending on the delivery method, the recipient will either receive a notification that the money is available to collect or be deposited into their bank account. You may need to share the reference number with the recipient since it may be required to collect money.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Bolivia from Australia
- Service fee. The transfer service charge to send money to Bolivia will depend on the amount of money being sent, how it is delivered or collected, and how the transaction is funded.
- Collection fee. The recipient may be charged a fee to pick up cash.
- Delivery fee. Most services charge a fee for cash to be delivered to the recipient at their address.
- Cash advance fee. Funding a money transfer with a credit card will be treated as a cash advance. However, this means you will incur additional fees and interest charges.
- Currency exchange rate. When you send large amounts of money abroad, the currency exchange rates fluctuate constantly; a few minutes or an hour can significantly affect how much money the recipient receives.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Bolivia from Australia
There are several alternatives to online money transfer services for sending money to Bolivia, with pros and cons to consider for each.
- Bank transfer. Using your bank transfer is a convenient way to send money to Bolivia. The main downside is that it is generally more expensive than an international money transfer service and will offer a less competitive exchange rate.
- Crypto. You can buy a stablecoin and transfer it to the recipient’s crypto wallet. Crypto transfers are cheap and fast. In addition, the recipient can withdraw funds to their bank account if they want to.
- Money orders. A money order is one of the oldest ways of transferring funds. Once you purchase the money order, it can be sent to the recipient’s address, who can cash it in. Money orders are, however, comparatively slow.
- Money transfer agents. If you don’t have a bank account or want to use cash, a money transfer agent may be an option worth considering. Check that there is one near the recipient for collecting the money.
- Prepaid cards. You can load a prepaid card and send it to the recipient, who can use it to spend or withdraw cash from an ATM in Bolivia. However, there are limits on how much money a prepaid card can hold, and there may be limits on where it can be used in Bolivia.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from Australia to arrive in Bolivia?
The length of time will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Bolivia if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Bolivia from Australia?
Yes, sending money to Bolivia from Australia is safe when you use a reputable company. Moreover, we only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Bolivia from Australia?
Yes, it is possible to purchase a money order in Australia and send it to Bolivia via postal mail or tracked courier. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Bolivia from Australia?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Bolivia with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Bolivia from Australia?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Bolivia from Australia. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact with stores and people who accept it.