Are you looking for the best way to send money from Australia to a family member, friend, or business in Burkina Faso?
Recipients will get more CFA francs if you send money to Burkina Faso from Australia with an online international money transfer service because of better exchange rates and cheaper transfer fees.
Need to transfer money to Burkina Faso from Australia?
Best ways to send money to Burkina Faso
- Send 70 currencies to 130 countries, from your smartphone or computer.
- WorldRemit uses industry-leading technology that protects your money and guarantees it arrives safely every time.
- See WorldRemit's low fees and their best exchange rates upfront, with no hidden costs
- Wise Borderless multi-currency receiving accounts. This gives you access to a digital currency wallet that you can hold and transact in over 50 currencies.
- Borderless Debit Card. The FX optimised debit card is attached to your Wise Borderless account that can be used to withdraw or pay for purchases in foreign currency within or outside Australia.
- Android and Apple Apps. Indulge convenience by transacting thru the Wise App anytime and anywhere!
- Fund options. Loads of options to fund your Wise account including transfer from Debit and credit cards, or thru a local bank transfer. Quick and easy!
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Burkina Faso.
First time sending?
How to send money to Burkina Faso from Australia
Sending money to Burkina Faso from Australia is easier and cheaper with a money transfer service. This step-by-step guide explains how they work.
- Choose a reliable money transfer service. On this page, you can compare different money transfer services to find one that suits your needs. Naturally, we only work with reputable services.
- Create your account. To open an account with a money transfer service, you must provide personal information and proof of identification. It only takes a few minutes to complete online.
- Configure the transfer. You will be asked to specify how much money you want to send, how you would like it delivered, and the recipient’s details. Then, you’ll be quoted precisely how much money the recipient will receive. This quote may be valid for a limited time since exchange rates fluctuate constantly.
- Choose how to pay for the transfer. For example, you could use a bank transfer, debit card, credit card, or cash. How you pay will affect how long the money is transferred and may impact fees.
- Confirm details and send money. Depending on the delivery method, the recipient will receive a notification that the money is available to collect, or it will be deposited into their bank account. You may wish to share the reference number with the recipient since this may be required to collect the money.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Burkina Faso from Australia
- Service fee. The amount charged for sending money to Burkina Faso by a money transfer service will depend on various factors, including how much money you send, how it is delivered, and how you plan to fund the transaction.
- Collection fee. If you choose to arrange a cash collection, a price for this service may be charged.
- Delivery fee. Typically a fee is charged for the convenience of having the funds delivered to the recipient at their address.
- Cash advance fee. When a credit card is used to fund a money transfer, the issuer will treat it as having taken out a cash advance. This means you will incur the cash advance fee and interest rate.
- Exchange rate. The larger the transfer, the increasingly important the exchange rate is.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Burkina Faso from Australia
Here are some alternative methods for sending money to Burkina Faso if you do not want to use an online money transfer service. There are benefits and drawbacks for each to consider.
- Bank transfer. Costly and generally slower. However, using your existing bank to send money is convenient.
- Crypto. Cheap and fast, but not everybody can accept crypto. However, crypto transfers are quick and affordable.
- Money orders. A money order is one of the oldest ways of transferring funds. Once you buy the money order, it can be sent to the recipient’s address, and they can cash it. Money orders are, however, comparatively slow.
- Money transfer agents. A money transfer agent like Western Union or MoneyGram is an option if you want to use cash or don’t have a bank account. Check that there is a money transfer agent near the recipient where they can collect their funds.
- Prepaid cards. These can be loaded with funds for you or your recipient to use at an ATM in Burkina Faso. Most cards have transaction limits, such as how much can be loaded and how much can be drawn in one go or within a day. There may also be fees for using the card.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from Australia to arrive in Burkina Faso?
The time frame will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent through a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Burkina Faso if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Burkina Faso from Australia?
Yes, sending money to Burkina Faso from Australia is safe when you use a reputable company. So naturally, we only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Burkina Faso from Australia?
Yes, it is possible to purchase a money order in Australia and send it to Burkina Faso via postal mail or tracked courier. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Burkina Faso from Australia?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Burkina Faso with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Burkina Faso from Australia?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Burkina Faso from Australia. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact with stores and people who accept it.