Are you looking for the best way to send money from Australia to a family member, friend, or business in Cambodia?
Recipients will get more riels if you send money to Cambodia from Australia with an online international money transfer service because they offer more competitive exchange rates and cheaper transfer fees.
Need to transfer money to Cambodia from Australia?
Best ways to send money to Cambodia
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Cambodia.
First time sending?
How to send money to Cambodia from Australia
Money transfer services are more convenient than banks when sending money to Cambodia from Australia. They're also faster and often cheaper. This step-by-step guide will show you how to use one if you've never done so before.
- Choose a money transfer service. Choose from a range of reputable money transfer services listed on this page that can transfer money to Cambodia.
- Open your account. Complete the registration form and provide proof of identification to open your account.
- Configure the transfer. Choose how much money you want to send, how you would like it delivered, and the recipient’s details. You’ll see exactly how much money the recipient will receive. This quote may be valid for a limited time since exchange rates fluctuate constantly.
- Choose how to pay for the transfer. You could fund the transfer through a bank transfer, debit card, or credit card.
- Send the money. After the transfer has been initiated, you'll be able to track its progress and keep the recipient informed.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Cambodia from Australia
- Service fee. The service fee for sending money to Cambodia from Australia will vary depending on how much money is being sent, how it is being delivered, and how the transaction is being funded.
- Collection fee. You or the recipient may be charged a fee to pick up cash.
- Delivery fee. A one-off fee that's charged for delivering cash to the recipient at their address.
- Cash advance fee. Charged by credit card issuers who treat money transfers as a cash equivalent transaction.
- Currency exchange rate. The exchange rate between the Australian dollar and the Cambodian riel can significantly impact how much your recipient will get, especially for larger transfers.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Cambodia from Australia
There are other ways to send money to Cambodia if you do not want to use an online money transfer service. Some options include using a bank transfer, a money transfer service, or sending a money order in the mail.
- Bank transfer. Sending money with your bank may be easy, but it is typically more expensive than an international money transfer service.
- Crypto. Transfers made on the blockchain are fast and cheap. Buy a stablecoin and transfer to the recipient's crypto wallet. May not be suitable for less technically savvy users.
- Money orders. Money orders can be bought, posted to the recipient in Cambodia, then cashed. This method has been around for years, but it is slow.
- Money transfer agents. A money transfer agent is an option if you don’t have a bank account or want to use cash. Not a good option if there isn't a location near the recipient where they can collect their funds.
- Prepaid cards. Useful for small amounts, but impractical for large amounts due to limits on how much can be put on the card and withdrawn in one go or within a day.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from Australia to arrive in Cambodia?
This will depend on the method used to send the money. A bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Cambodia if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. If the recipient has no bank account, you can still send them money with a money transfer service. The sender can configure the money transfer so that the recipient can either collect cash from a specific location or the cash can be delivered to them by a courier. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Cambodia from Australia?
Yes, sending money to Cambodia from Australia is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Cambodia from Australia?
Yes, it is possible to purchase a money order in Australia and send it to Cambodia via postal mail or tracked courier. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Cambodia from Australia?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Cambodia with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Cambodia from Australia?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Cambodia from Australia. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact with stores and people who accept it.