Are you looking for the best way to send money from Australia to a family member, friend, or business in Cameroon?
Recipients will get more CFA francs if you send money to Cameroon from Australia with an online international money transfer service because they offer more competitive exchange rates and cheaper transfer fees.
Need to transfer money to Cameroon from Australia?
Best ways to send money to Cameroon
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Cameroon.
First time sending?
How to send money to Cameroon from Australia
There are many reasons why money transfer services are more convenient than traditional banks when sending money to Cameroon from Australia. Here's how you can get set up quickly.
- Choose a money transfer service. Find a reputable money transfer service that can transfer money to Cameroon from the list on this page.
- Set up an account. This usually only takes a few minutes to complete online.
- Configure your transfer. Enter the recipient's details, including the amount of money you want to send, how you would like it delivered, and the recipient’s information.
- Choose how to pay for the transfer. You can use a bank transfer, debit card, or credit card to fund most transfers.
- Confirm details and send. You may wish to share a tracking link or reference number with the recipient so they can track the transfer's progress.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Cameroon from Australia
- Service fee. The amount a money transfer service charges to send money to Cameroon will vary depending on the amount of money being sent, how it is being delivered, and how the transaction is being funded.
- Collection fee. Charged if the recipient wants to collect the funds.
- Delivery fee. Charged if the recipient wants funds to be delivered to their address.
- Cash advance fee. Charged by your credit card issuer if you use a credit card to fund the transfer.
- Exchange rate. Not necessarily a fee, but a bad exchange rate means the recipient will receive less.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Cameroon from Australia
There are a few different ways to send money to Cameroon if you don't want to use an online money transfer service.
- Bank transfer. Convenient since no new account setup is required, but slower and more expensive than an online transfer service.
- Crypto. Buy a stablecoin and transfer it to the recipient's wallet. Fast and cheap, but not suitable for everyone.
- Money orders. You can purchase a money order and send it to your recipient in Cameroon who can cash it. Reliable, but slow.
- Money transfer agents. A popular option if you or the recipient do not have a bank account or want to use cash. Not very useful if the recipient isn't close to somewhere where they can collect.
- Prepaid cards. Load a card with cash and post it to the recipient. Virtual prepaid cards may be worth considering as they don't need to be posted. Limitations make this an unfeasible option for large transfers.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from Australia to arrive in Cameroon?
This will depend on the method used to send the money. A bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Cameroon if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. If the recipient has no bank account, you can still send them money with a money transfer service. The sender can configure the money transfer so that the recipient can either collect cash from a specific location or the cash can be delivered to them by a courier. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Cameroon from Australia?
Yes, sending money to Cameroon from Australia is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Cameroon from Australia?
Yes, it is possible to purchase a money order in Australia and send it to Cameroon via postal mail or tracked courier. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Cameroon from Australia?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Cameroon with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Cameroon from Australia?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Cameroon from Australia. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact with stores and people who accept it.