Are you comparing options for the best way to send money from Australia to a family member, friend, or business in Chile?
Recipients will get more pesos if you send money to Chile from Australia with an online international money transfer service because they offer more competitive exchange rates and cheaper transfer fees.
Need to transfer money to Chile from Australia?
Best ways to send money to Chile
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Chile.
First time sending?
How to send money to Chile from Australia
There are many money transfer services that offer a convenient, fast, and cheap way to send money to Chile from Australia. This step-by-step process explains how it works if you haven't used one before.
- Choose a money transfer service. Find a reputable money transfer service that can transfer money to Chile. There are several listed on this page.
- Open your account. You will need to provide some personal information and proof of identification. It only takes a few minutes.
- Configure the transfer. Specify how much money you want to send, how you would like it delivered or collected, and the recipient’s details.
- Choose how to fund the transfer. Transfers with most online services can be funded with a bank transfer, debit card, or credit card. At this point, you'll get an exact quote of how much the recipient will receive. This quote may be valid for a limited time only since exchange rates fluctuate constantly.
- Send the money. The sender and recipient can usually track the transfer's progress with a tracking link.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Chile from Australia
- Service fee. How much a money transfer service charges for sending money to Chile depends on several factors, including how much is being sent, how it will be delivered, and how the transaction is being funded.
- Collection fee. A one-off charge for the recipient's ability to collect money from an approved location.
- Delivery fee. A one-off charge to have cash delivered to the recipient's address.
- Cash advance fee. Funding the transfer with a credit card will typically attract the cash advance fee and interest rate.
- Currency exchange rate. While not strictly a fee, a poor exchange rate affects the amount of money the recipient will receive.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Chile from Australia
There are many ways to send money to Chile apart from international money transfer services. Here are some options to consider.
- Bank transfer. A bank transfer is when you instruct your bank to send money from your account to another person or business’s account. This is also called a wire transfer. You can do this online, by phone, or in person at a branch. Fees and delivery times vary depending on the country and the bank.
- Crypto. Sending a stablecoin to the recipient is a cheap and fast option. They can choose whether to keep it in their wallet or withdraw fiat currency to a linked bank account.
- Money orders. A money order is one of the oldest ways of transferring funds across borders, but it is comparatively slow.
- Money transfer services. A fast option worth considering if you or the recipient have no bank account or you want to use cash. Locations in most large towns and cities, but exchange rates are not the most competitive.
- Prepaid cards. An option for small amounts, but limits on how much can be loaded and how much can be withdrawn in one go or within a day rule out prepaid cards for large amounts.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from Australia to arrive in Chile?
The time frame will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Chile if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Chile from Australia?
Yes, sending money to Chile from Australia is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Chile from Australia?
Yes, purchasing a money order in Australia and sending it to Chile via postal mail or tracked courier is possible. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Chile from Australia?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Chile with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Chile from Australia?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Chile from Australia. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact in stores and with people who accept it.