Looking for the best way to send money from Australia to a family member, friend, or business in French Polynesia?
Recipients will get more francs if you send money to French Polynesia from Australia using an online international money transfer service because of their better exchange rates and lower fees.
Need to transfer money to French Polynesia from Australia?
Best ways to send money to French Polynesia
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to French Polynesia.
First time sending?
How to send money to French Polynesia from Australia
Money transfer services are faster and cheaper to send money to French Polynesia from Australia. Use this step-by-step guide to get started.
- Select a money transfer service. On this page, you can find several reputable money transfer services that can help you send money to French Polynesia.
- Create an account. Your name, address, email address, phone number, and photographic ID are generally required.
- Configure the transfer. Configure how much money to send, how you would like it delivered, and the recipient’s details. You’ll see exactly how much money the recipient will receive. This quote may be valid for a limited time since exchange rates fluctuate constantly.
- Choose how to pay for the transfer. Bank transfers and debit cards are widely accepted. Some services accept credit card payments. The funding method you choose will affect how long it will take for the transaction to complete.
- Send. Provide the recipient with a tracking link or reference number to track the transfer.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to French Polynesia from Australia
- Service fee. The amount of money a money transfer service charges to send will vary depending on the amount of money being sent, how it is being delivered, and how the transaction is being funded.
- Collection fee. Charged to pick up cash.
- Delivery fee. Charged to have cash delivered to the recipient’s address.
- Cash advance fee. Charged by the credit card issuer when funding a money transfer with a credit card. Interest at the cash advance rate will apply separately.
- Exchange rate. The more you send, the greater the impact of the exchange rate.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to French Polynesia from Australia
If you prefer not to use an online money transfer service, here are other ways to send money to French Polynesia.
- Bank transfer. Convenient but more expensive and generally slower than an international money transfer service.
- Crypto. A cheap and fast alternative, but it can be a challenge for less the technically savvy. Rather than sending Bitcoin or an altcoin, sending a stablecoin can reduce the recipient's exposure to price volatility.
- Money orders. A tried and tested way to remit money, but slow compared to a money transfer service and some of the other alternatives.
- Money transfer agents. Can be found in most large towns and cities. Typically a fast way to send cash, but check that there is a convenient collection point for the recipient.
- Prepaid cards. Transaction limits, such as how much can be loaded and how much can be withdrawn per day, make prepaid cards impractical for large amounts. Slow compared to other options since cards must be delivered for cash to be withdrawn.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from Australia to arrive in French Polynesia?
The time frame will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to French Polynesia if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to French Polynesia from Australia?
Yes, sending money to French Polynesia from Australia is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to French Polynesia from Australia?
Yes, it is possible to purchase a money order in Australia and send it to French Polynesia via postal mail or tracked courier. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to French Polynesia from Australia?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to French Polynesia with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to French Polynesia from Australia?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to French Polynesia from Australia. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact in stores and with people who accept it.