Searching for the best way to send money from Australia to a family member, friend, or business in Iraq?
Recipients will get more dinars if you send money to Iraq from Australia with an online international money transfer service because they offer more competitive exchange rates and cheaper transfer fees.
Need to transfer money to Iraq from Australia?
Best ways to send money to Iraq
- Receive 20% off the fee on your next money transfer when you signup today.
- MoneyGram offers many send and receive options with money arriving in minutes.
- Its global network includes agents in over 200 countries and territories.
- Send money from Australia with a few taps using the MoneyGram app.
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Iraq.
First time sending?
How to send money to Iraq from Australia
Money transfer services provide a convenient, fast, and cheap way to send money to Iraq from Australia. This step-by-step guide explains how they work.
- Choose a money transfer service. There are limited options available for sending money to Iraq. Choose one that suits your needs best.
- Create your account. This will usually involve providing some personal information and proof of identification.
- Configure the transfer. Enter how much you want to send, how you would like it delivered, and the recipient’s details. You will see how much money the recipient will receive, including fees. This quote may be valid for a limited time since exchange rates constantly fluctuate.
- Fund the transfer. Bank transfers and debit cards are widely accepted. You may be able to use a credit card, but this is less widely supported (and also costs more).
- Send the money. Once initiated, you can track your funds. Share the reference number or tracking link with the recipient so they can stay updated on the transfer's progress.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Iraq from Australia
- Service fee. The cost of sending money to Iraq with a money transfer service will depend on how much you send, how you want it delivered, and how you plan to fund the transaction.
- Collection fee. A fee charged when ordering money to be collected by the recipient.
- Delivery fee. A fee charged when ordering money to be delivered to the recipient's address.
- Cash advance fee. Charged by credit card issuers when a credit card is used to fund a money transfer. Interest at the cash advance rate is typically applied to the transaction also.
- Exchange rate. Not strictly a fee, but a poor rate can impact the amount the recipient gets.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Iraq from Australia
A few alternatives to online money transfer services can be used when sending money to Iraq.
- Bank transfer. Sending money with your bank may be easy, but it is typically more expensive and slower than an international money transfer service.
- Crypto. If the recipient can accept crypto, this can be a very cheap and fast option. Once the crypto is in their wallet, they can decide whether to hold it there or withdraw it to a bank account. Sending a stablecoin reduces the risk of losing money in volatile market conditions.
- Money orders. One of the oldest ways to send money overseas, but it's comparatively slow.
- Money transfer agents. Useful if the recipient doesn't have a bank account. Check that there is a money transfer agent near the recipient where they can collect their funds safely.
- Prepaid cards. Useful for smaller amounts, but can be slower. There's also a risk of loss if the card has to be posted.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from Australia to arrive in Iraq?
The time frame will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Iraq if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Iraq from Australia?
Yes, sending money to Iraq from Australia is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Iraq from Australia?
Yes, it is possible to purchase a money order in Australia and send it to Iraq via postal mail or tracked courier. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Iraq from Australia?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Iraq with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Iraq from Australia?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Iraq from Australia. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact in stores and with people who accept it.