Are you looking for the best way to send money from Australia to a family member, friend, or business in Ivory Coast?
Recipients will get more francs if you send money to Ivory Coast from Australia with an online international money transfer service because of their competitive exchange rates and cheaper fees.
Need to transfer money to Ivory Coast from Australia?
Best ways to send money to Ivory Coast
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Ivory Coast.
First time sending?
How to send money to Ivory Coast from Australia
Money transfer services are a convenient, fast, and cheap way to send money to the Ivory Coast from Australia. This step-by-step process explains how it works if you haven’t used one before.
- Choose the best way to send money to Ivory Coast. You can compare different money transfer services’ fees, transfer times, and delivery options on this page. Choose whichever one suits your needs best.
- Set up an account. Usually only takes a few minutes to complete online.
- Create your transfer. You must provide the amount you wish to send, the recipient’s name and contact information, and your payment method.
- Fund the transfer. Bank transfers and debit cards are widely supported, with some services accepting credit cards.
- Confirm details and send. You can share the reference number or tracking link with the recipient.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Ivory Coast from Australia
- Service fee. The amount of money a money transfer service charges to send will vary depending on the amount of money being sent, how it is being delivered, and how the transaction is being funded.
- Collection fee. Charged if the funds are to be collected by the recipient.
- Delivery fee. Charged if the funds are to be delivered to the recipient’s address.
- Cash advance fee. Set by the credit card issuer if the transfer was funded with a credit card. Interest applies separately.
- Exchange rate. When you send a large amount, the exchange rate can significantly impact how much your recipient will get.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Ivory Coast from Australia
Here are some alternative methods for sending money to Ivory Coast if you do not want to use an online money transfer service.
- Bank transfer. Convenient but more expensive and generally slower than an international money transfer service. You may feel reassured about using a bank.
- Crypto. A cheap and fast option. Sending a stablecoin mitigates the recipient's exposure to fluctuations in price.
- Money orders. A tried and tested way to remit money, but it is slower than some of the alternatives.
- Money transfer agents. With locations in most large towns and cities worldwide, this is an established way to send cash quickly. The trade-off may be their less competitive currency exchange rates.
- Prepaid cards. Transaction and withdrawal limits make prepaid cards impractical for large amounts.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from Australia to arrive in Ivory Coast?
The time frame will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Ivory Coast if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Ivory Coast from Australia?
Yes, sending money to Ivory Coast from Australia is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Ivory Coast from Australia?
Yes, purchasing a money order in Australia and sending it to Ivory Coast via postal mail or tracked courier is possible. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Ivory Coast from Australia?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Ivory Coast with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Ivory Coast from Australia?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Ivory Coast from Australia. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact in stores and with people who accept it.