Are you looking for the best way to send money from Australia to a family member, friend, or business in Lebanon?
Recipients will get more pounds for the same amount of dollars when you send money to Lebanon from Australia with an online international money transfer service because they offer more competitive exchange rates and cheaper transfer fees.
Need to transfer money to Lebanon from Australia?
Best ways to send money to Lebanon
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Lebanon.
First time sending?
How to send money to Lebanon from Australia
Money transfer services offer a convenient, fast, and cheap way to send money to Lebanon from Australia. This step-by-step process explains how it works if you haven’t used one before.
- Choose a money transfer service. On this page, you can find reputable money transfer services that can send money to Lebanon.
- Open your account. Opening an account with a money transfer service usually involves providing personal information and proof of identification.
- Set up the transfer. You will need to provide the recipient’s full name, address, bank account number (if you send funds to a bank account), and how much money you want to transfer. You will also need to select how you would like the funds delivered from the various options available.
- Choose how to pay for the transfer. Most services accept bank transfers or debit cards. Credit cards are accepted by some. How you pay for the transfer affects how long it will take for the money to arrive and the fees incurred.
- Send. Once initiated, you and the recipient will be able to track the progress of your funds online.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Lebanon from Australia
- Service fee. The amount of money a money transfer service charges to send will vary depending on the amount of money being sent, how it is being delivered, and how the transaction is being funded.
- Collection fee. A one-off fee charged to pick up cash.
- Delivery fee. A one-off fee charged to have cash delivered to the recipient’s address.
- Cash advance fee. Set by the credit card issuer when funding a money transfer with a credit card. Interest at the cash advance rate applies additionally.
- Exchange rate. Less important for small amounts, but has a significant impact when remitting large amounts of money.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Lebanon from Australia
There are a few different ways to send money to Lebanon if you don’t want to use an online money transfer service.
- Bank transfer. Convenient but more expensive and generally slower than an international money transfer service.
- Crypto. If the recipient can accept crypto, this can be a very cheap and fast option. Sending a stablecoin like USDT or BUSD means the recipient is not exposed to fluctuations in price like they would if receiving Bitcoin or another token.
- Money orders. One of the oldest ways to send money and one of the slowest. Once the recipient receives the money order, they can cash it in.
- Money transfer agents. Locations in most large towns and cities. Check that there is one near the recipient where they can collect the funds without being inconvenienced too much.
- Prepaid cards. Transaction limits, such as how much can be loaded and how much can be withdrawn per day, make prepaid cards impractical for large amounts.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from Australia to arrive in Lebanon?
The time frame will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Lebanon if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Lebanon from Australia?
Yes, sending money to Lebanon from Australia is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Lebanon from Australia?
Yes, it is possible to purchase a money order in Australia and send it to Lebanon via postal mail or tracked courier. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Lebanon from Australia?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Lebanon with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Lebanon from Australia?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Lebanon from Australia. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact in stores and with people who accept it.