Are you looking for the best way to send money from Australia to a family member, friend, or business in Luxembourg?
Recipients will get more euros for the same amount of dollars if you send money to Luxembourg from Australia with an online international money transfer service because of their more competitive exchange rates and lower fees.
Need to transfer money to Luxembourg from Australia?
Best ways to send money to Luxembourg
- Enjoy great exchange rates and low fees.
- Every transfer carries a delivery promise. Have your money delivered on time or get your money back.
- Safety and security. Remitly uses industry-standard security protocols and encryption.
- Make and receive fee-free, real-time payments in 37 different currencies.
- Feel like a VIP with your own dedicated account manager.
- Moving house? Get the best rates on your property sale or purchase and you could save thousands compared to using a bank.
- Wise Borderless multi-currency receiving accounts. This gives you access to a digital currency wallet that you can hold and transact in over 50 currencies.
- Borderless Debit Card. The FX optimised debit card is attached to your Wise Borderless account that can be used to withdraw or pay for purchases in foreign currency within or outside Australia.
- Android and Apple Apps. Indulge convenience by transacting thru the Wise App anytime and anywhere!
- Fund options. Loads of options to fund your Wise account including transfer from Debit and credit cards, or thru a local bank transfer. Quick and easy!
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Luxembourg.
First time sending?
How to send money to Luxembourg from Australia
Sending money to Luxembourg from Australia is quick and easy with a money transfer service. This step-by-step guide explains how they work if you’ve never used one before.
- Choose a money transfer service. On this page, you can find reputable money transfer services to transfer money to Luxembourg.
- Create an account. All you need is your email address, phone number, and personal details. Opening an account takes a few minutes.
- Configure the transfer. Enter the amount to send, how you would like it delivered or collected, and the recipient’s details to receive a quote.
- Choose how to pay for your transfer. Widely supported funding options include bank transfers and debit cards. Credit cards are less widely accepted. The method you choose will affect the total time it takes to complete the transaction.
- Send. After you have sent the money, share the tracking link or reference number with the recipient.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Luxembourg from Australia
- Service fee. The amount of money a money transfer service charges to send will vary depending on the amount of money being sent, how it is being delivered, and how the transaction is being funded.
- Collection fee. Charged once by the service to pick up cash.
- Delivery fee. Charged once by the service to have cash delivered to the recipient’s address.
- Cash advance fee. Charged by the credit card issuer when funding a money transfer with a credit card. Interest at the cash advance rate will also be applied.
- Exchange rate. When sending a large amount of money, the exchange rate can significantly impact how much your recipient will get.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Luxembourg from Australia
Here are other options if you need to send money to Luxembourg but prefer not to use an online money transfer service.
- Bank transfer. Convenient but more expensive and generally slower than an international money transfer service. However, you can save time by not having to set up a new account and there are benefits of dealing with a bank.
- Crypto. If you and the recipient can use crypto, it can be a very cheap and fast alternative. Sending a stablecoin means the recipient is not exposed to the price volatility associated with tokens such as Bitcoin or another altcoin. However, sending crypto may be too complicated for some.
- Money orders. Slow, but established and reliable.
- Money transfer agents. Convenient if there is an agent nearby. Exchange rates may not be the most competitive.
- Prepaid cards. Not feasible for large transfers. Better suited to small transfers where speed is less of a concern.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from Australia to arrive in Luxembourg?
The time frame will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Luxembourg if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Luxembourg from Australia?
Yes, sending money to Luxembourg from Australia is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Luxembourg from Australia?
Yes, purchasing a money order in Australia and sending it to Luxembourg via postal mail or tracked courier is possible. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Luxembourg from Australia?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Luxembourg with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Luxembourg from Australia?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Luxembourg from Australia. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact in stores and with people who accept it.