Are you looking for the best way to send money from Australia to a family member, friend, or business in Macao?
Recipients will get more patacas for the same amount of dollars if you send money to Macao from Australia with an online international money transfer service because of more competitive exchange rates and lower transfer fees.
Need to transfer money to Macao from Australia?
Best ways to send money to Macao
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Macao.
First time sending?
How to send money to Macao from Australia
Online money transfer services are the best way to quickly and easily send money from Australia to Macao. This step-by-step guide will show you how it works if you've never used one.
- Choose what money transfer service to use. Compare fees, transfer times, delivery options, etc. Choose whichever one suits your needs best.
- Open an account. You will need to provide some personal information and proof of identification.
- Set up the transfer. Enter the recipient's details, the amount to send, and where it should be delivered or collected.
- Choose how to pay for the transfer. You could fund the transfer with a bank transfer, debit card, or potentially use a credit card. How you fund the transfer affects the time it takes for the money to reach its destination.
- Send the money. Once initiated, you'll be able to track its progress online with a tracking link or reference number.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Macao from Australia
- Service fee. The amount of money a money transfer service charges to send will vary depending on the amount of money being sent, how it is being delivered, and how the transaction is being funded.
- Collection fee. Charged to pick up cash.
- Delivery fee. Charged to have cash delivered to the recipient’s address.
- Cash advance fee. Set by the credit card issuer when funding a money transfer with a credit card. Interest applies separately.
- Exchange rate. When you send large amounts of money abroad, the exchange rate can significantly impact how much your recipient will get.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Macao from Australia
There are a few different ways to send money to Macao if you don’t want to use an online money transfer service.
- Bank transfer. Convenient but more expensive and generally slower than an international money transfer service.
- Crypto. If the recipient can accept crypto, this can be a cheap and fast option. Sending a stablecoin means the recipient is not exposed to fluctuations in price like they would if receiving Bitcoin or another token.
- Money orders. One of the oldest ways to send money. They’re also one of the slowest. Once the recipient receives the money order, they can cash it in.
- Money transfer agents. Located in most large towns and cities. Check that there is one near the recipient so they can collect the funds.
- Prepaid cards. Transaction limits, such as how much can be loaded and how much can be withdrawn per day, make prepaid cards impractical for large amounts.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from Australia to arrive in Macao?
The time frame will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Macao if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Macao from Australia?
Yes, sending money to Macao from Australia is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Macao from Australia?
Yes, purchasing a money order in Australia and sending it to Macao via postal mail or tracked courier is possible. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Macao from Australia?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Macao with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Macao from Australia?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Macao from Australia. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact in stores and with people who accept it.