Are you looking for the best way to send money from Australia to a family member, friend or business in Togo?
Recipients will get more francs for the same amount of dollars if you send money to Togo from Australia using an online international money transfer service because of their competitive exchange rates and lower fees.
Need to transfer money to Togo from Australia?
Best ways to send money to Togo
- Wise Borderless multi-currency receiving accounts. This gives you access to a digital currency wallet that you can hold and transact in over 50 currencies.
- Borderless Debit Card. The FX optimised debit card is attached to your Wise Borderless account that can be used to withdraw or pay for purchases in foreign currency within or outside Australia.
- Android and Apple Apps. Indulge convenience by transacting thru the Wise App anytime and anywhere!
- Fund options. Loads of options to fund your Wise account including transfer from Debit and credit cards, or thru a local bank transfer. Quick and easy!
- Enjoy great exchange rates and low fees.
- Every transfer carries a delivery promise. Have your money delivered on time or get your money back.
- Safety and security. Remitly uses industry-standard security protocols and encryption.
OFX Money Transfer
- Enjoy better rates and fees.
- Transfers to most countries take 1-2 business days. Track your transfer online or with the OFX mobile app.
- With support staff that are located in Australia, USA, UK, Canada, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Togo.
First time sending?
How to send money to Togo from Australia
Money transfer services are a convenient and fast way to send money to Togo from Australia. This step-by-step guide explains how they work if you've never used one before.
- Choose a money transfer service. On this page, you will find reputable money transfer services that can send money to Togo. Compare the various fees, transfer times and delivery options to find the best way to send money to Togo.
- Create your account. You will need to provide some personal information and proof of identification.
- Choose your transfer amount and delivery method. You will be asked to specify how much money you want to send and how you would like it delivered. Some standard delivery methods include bank account deposits and cash pickup. Depending on the service used, you may be able to send money to multiple recipients at once.
- Choose how to pay for the transfer. You can use a bank transfer, debit card, credit card, or cash. The method you choose will affect how long it takes for the money to arrive, and how much you pay in fees.
- Send your transfer. The recipient will receive a notification that the funds are available to collect or will be deposited into their bank account. You may wish to share the reference number with the recipient since it may be required to collect money.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Togo from Australia
- Service fee. The amount of money a money transfer service charges to send will vary depending on the amount of money being sent, how it is being delivered, and how the transaction is being funded.
- Collection fee. A fee charged if you want your recipient to be able to pick up cash.
- Delivery fee. An additional fee if you choose to have cash delivered to the recipient’s address.
- Cash advance fee. A fee charged by the credit card issuer when you fund a money transfer with a credit card. Interest charges are applied separately.
- Exchange rate. When you send money overseas, the exchange rate used by the transfer service can significantly impact how much your recipient will get.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Togo from Australia
If you prefer not to use an online money transfer service, there are other ways to send money to Togo.
- Bank transfer. Sending money with your bank may be easy, but it is typically more expensive, slower, and less flexible than an online international money transfer service.
- Crypto. Assuming the recipient is willing, you could send them crypto. They can hold or convert it and withdraw funds to their bank account. Transferring crypto between wallets on the same exchange is typically free and instant.
- Money orders. You can purchase a paper money order in Australia and then send it to Togo via postal mail or courier. The recipient can then cash the money order. It is, however, probably the slowest way to send money overseas.
- Money transfer agents. A money transfer agent is convenient if you do not have a bank account or want to use cash. Recipients can collect their cash from a money transfer agent local to them.
- Prepaid cards. A prepaid card can be a good option if you want to send money to Togo for cash pickup. The funds can be withdrawn as cash at an ATM or used to make purchases in-store or online. Be aware that many cards limit how much money can be loaded, and how much can be withdrawn within a single day.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from Australia to arrive in Togo?
The time frame will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Togo if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Togo from Australia?
Yes, sending money to Togo from Australia is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Togo from Australia?
Yes, it is possible to purchase a money order in Australia and send it to Togo via postal mail or tracked courier. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office or similar agency.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Togo from Australia?
Yes. Yes. Some transfer services allow you to fund a money transfer to Togo with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Togo from Australia?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Togo from Australia. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact in stores and with people who accept it.