Are you looking for the best way to send money from Australia to a family member, friend or business in Ukraine?
Recipients will get more hryvnias for the same amount of dollars if you send money to Ukraine from Australia using an online international money transfer service because of their competitive exchange rates and lower fees.
Need to transfer money to Ukraine from Australia?
Best ways to send money to Ukraine
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Ukraine.
First time sending?
How to send money to Ukraine from Australia
Money transfer services are a quick, easy, and affordable way to send money to Ukraine from Australia. This step-by-step guide will show you how it works if you've never used one.
- Choose the best money transfer service for your needs. Consider the fees, transfer times, delivery options, etc. Choose whichever one suits your needs best.
- Create an account. This will usually involve providing some personal information and proof of identification.
- Select the amount and delivery method. Choose how much money to send and whether you want it delivered to a bank account or as cash. Be aware that some money transfer services only allow funds to be delivered to a bank account.
- Choose how to pay. You can use a bank transfer, debit card, credit card or cash to fund the transfer. How you pay will affect the time it takes for the money to reach its destination.
- Confirm details and send money. Depending on the delivery method, the recipient will receive a notification that the money is available to collect, or it will be deposited into their bank account. You may wish to share the reference number with the recipient since it may be required to collect money.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Ukraine from Australia
- Service fee. The amount a money transfer service charges to send your funds will vary depending on the amount of money being sent, how it is being delivered, and how the transaction is being funded.
- Collection fee. A fee charged if you want your recipient to be able to pick up cash.
- Delivery fee. An additional fee if you choose to have cash delivered to the recipient’s address
- Cash advance fee. A fee charged by the credit card issuer when you fund a money transfer with a credit card. Interest charges are applied separately.
- Exchange rate. When you send money overseas, the exchange rate used by the transfer service can significantly impact how much your recipient will get.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Ukraine from Australia
There are other ways to send money to Ukraine if you do not want to use an online money transfer service. Some options include using a prepaid debit card, a money order, or a wire transfer service.
- Bank transfer. Convenient but more expensive and generally slower than an international money transfer service.
- Crypto. If the recipient can accept crypto, this can be a very cheap and fast option. Sending a stablecoin means the recipient is not exposed to fluctuations in price, as they would if receiving Bitcoin or another token.
- Money orders. One of the oldest ways to send money, but also one of the slowest. Once the recipient receives the paper money order, they can cash it in.
- Money transfer agents are located in most large towns and cities. Check that there is one near the recipient so they can collect the funds.
- Prepaid cards. Transaction limits, such as how much can be loaded and how much can be withdrawn per day, make prepaid cards impractical for large amounts.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from Australia to arrive in Ukraine?
The time frame will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent via a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Ukraine if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Ukraine from Australia?
Yes, sending money to Ukraine from Australia is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Ukraine from Australia?
Yes, it is possible to purchase a money order in Australia and send it to Ukraine via postal mail or tracked courier. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, local post office or similar agency.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Ukraine from Australia?
Yes. Some transfer services allow you to fund a money transfer to Ukraine with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Ukraine from Australia?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Ukraine from Australia. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact in stores or with people who accept it.