Are you looking for the best way to send money from Australia to a family member, friend or business in the United Arab Emirates?
Recipients will get more dirhams for the same amount of dollars if you send money to the United Arab Emirates from Australia using an online international money transfer service because of their competitive exchange rates and lower fees.
Need to transfer money to the United Arab Emirates from Australia?
Best ways to send money to the United Arab Emirates
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to the United Arab Emirates.
First time sending?
How to send money to the United Arab Emirates from Australia
Money transfer services offer a convenient and fast way to send money to the United Arab Emirates from Australia. This step-by-step guide explains how they work if you’ve never used one before.
- Choose a money transfer service. On this page, you can find reputable money transfer services to transfer money to the United Arab Emirates.
- Set up an account to get started with your transfer. You'll need to provide some personal information and verify your identity.
- Configure your transfer. Provide the recipient’s full name, and address if required. You will also need to choose how much money you want to send, when you want the transfer to occur, and how you'd like it to be delivered if it's not going to a bank account. For a transfer to a bank account you'll need the bank name and your recipient's account number.
- Choose how you will pay for the transfer. You can use a bank transfer, debit card, a credit card in some cases, or cash. How you pay for the transfer will determine how long it will take for the money to reach its destination.
- Send the money and track the transfer. Once the transfer is initiated, you should be able to track its progress, and you need to inform the recipient of the transfer details.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to the United Arab Emirates from Australia
- Service fee. The amount a money transfer service charges to send money to the United Arab Emirates will vary depending on how much is being sent, how it is being delivered, and how the transaction is being funded.
- Collection fee. An additional fee will usually be charged if you want your recipient to be able to pick up cash rather than receive the funds into a bank account.
- Delivery fee. Having funds delivered in cash to your recipient by courier is likely to incur a further charge.
- Cash advance fee. If you choose to fund your transfer using a credit card, the card issuer will probably treat the transaction as a cash equivalent and charge a cash advance fee. In addition to this, interest charges will be applied until you repay the amount in full.
- Exchange rate. When sending money to the United Arab Emirates, it's important to compare exchange rates used by competing transfer services to get the best deal.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to the United Arab Emirates from Australia
There are a few different ways to send money to the United Arab Emirates if you don’t want to use an online money transfer service.
- Bank transfer. If you have a bank account in Australia, you can send money to your recipient’s bank account in the United Arab Emirates. This is called a bank-to-bank transfer. It's usually slower and more expensive than an online money transfer service.
- Crypto. You can send cryptocurrency like Bitcoin to the United Arab Emirates from Australia using a crypto exchange. Transfers between wallets on the same exchange are typically free.
- Money orders. A money order is one of the oldest ways of transferring funds between people. Once you buy the money order, it can be sent to the recipient’s address, and they can cash it in at a bank or post office. However, because it's a paper transaction relying on mail or a courier service, it can be very slow.
- Money transfer agents are located in most large towns and cities. Check that there is one near the recipient so they can collect the funds.
- Prepaid cards. A prepaid card can be a good choice if you want to give your recipient the flexibility to spend their money as they see fit in the United Arab Emirates. The card can be loaded with cash, which the recipient can then use to withdraw cash from an ATM or make purchases in-store or online. There may be limits on how much can be loaded onto the card and how much can be withdrawn daily.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from Australia to arrive in the United Arab Emirates?
The time frame will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to the United Arab Emirates if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to the United Arab Emirates from Australia?
Yes, sending money to the United Arab Emirates from Australia is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to the United Arab Emirates from Australia?
Yes, purchasing a money order in Australia and sending it to the United Arab Emirates via postal mail or tracked courier is possible. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office or similar agency.
Can I use my credit card to send money to the United Arab Emirates from Australia?
Yes. Some transfer services will allow you to fund a money transfer to the United Arab Emirates with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to the United Arab Emirates from Australia?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to the United Arab Emirates from Australia. The recipient can then choose whether to sell the crypto for cash or use it to transact in stores and with people who accept it.