Are you looking for the best way to send money from Australia to a family member, friend or business in Zimbabwe?
Recipients will get more Zimbabwean dollars for the same amount of Australian dollars if you send money to Zimbabwe from Australia using an online international money transfer service because of their competitive exchange rates and lower fees.
Need to transfer money to Zimbabwe from Australia?
Best ways to send money to Zimbabwe
- Enjoy great exchange rates and low fees.
- Every transfer carries a delivery promise. Have your money delivered on time or get your money back.
- Safety and security. Remitly uses industry-standard security protocols and encryption.
OFX Money Transfer
- Enjoy better rates and fees.
- Transfers to most countries take 1-2 business days. Track your transfer online or with the OFX mobile app.
- With support staff that are located in Australia, USA, UK, Canada, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Zimbabwe.
First time sending?
How to send money to Zimbabwe from Australia
Online money transfer services offer a convenient, fast, and cheap way to send money to Zimbabwe from Australia. If you’ve never used one before, here’s a step-by-step guide on how they work.
- Choose a money transfer service. On this page, you can find reputable money transfer services that can help you send money to Zimbabwe.
- Set up an account. Once you have opened an account, providing some personal information and ID, you can send money online from your computer or mobile device.
- Configure your transfer. You will be asked how much of a specific currency you want to send, how you would like it delivered, and the recipient’s details. You will see precisely how much money the recipient will receive. This quote may be valid for a limited time since exchange rates fluctuate constantly.
- Choose how to pay for the transfer. The options could be bank transfer, debit card, or cash, and in some cases a credit card may be acceptable. Choose the option that is most suitable and convenient for you.
- Send the money and track the transfer. Once your transfer is initiated, you can track its progress and keep the recipient informed.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Zimbabwe from Australia
- Service fee. The amount a money transfer service charges to send your funds will vary depending on the amount of money being sent, how it is being delivered, and how you pay for the transaction.
- Collection fee. An extra fee charged if you'd like your recipient to be able to pick up cash rather than receive a credit to their bank account.
- Delivery fee. An additional fee charged to have cash delivered to the recipient’s address, if you choose this delivery method.
- Cash advance fee. A charge by the credit card issuer if you fund a money transfer with a credit card. Interest charges also apply.
- Exchange rate. When you send money overseas, the exchange rate used by the transfer service can significantly impact how much your recipient will get.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Zimbabwe from Australia
There are a few different ways to send money to Zimbabwe if you don’t want to use an online money transfer service.
- Bank transfer. The major banks in Australia that allow transfers to Zimbabwe are ANZ, CBA, NAB, and Westpac. All these banks will require you to open an account with them before you can transfer. The process can take a few days. Once your account is open, you can transfer online or in person at a branch. Fees and exchange rates will vary, but it will typically take longer and cost more than an online transfer service.
- Crypto. If the recipient can accept crypto, this can be a very cheap and fast option. Sending a stablecoin means the recipient is not exposed to fluctuations in price, as they would if receiving Bitcoin or another token.
- Money orders. A money order is one of the oldest ways to send money. You can purchase a paper money order from your bank and send it by post or courier to the recipient in Zimbabwe. The recipient can then cash the money order.
- Money transfer agent. A money transfer agent is an option if you don’t have a bank account or want to use cash. Check that there is a money transfer agent near the recipient where they can collect their funds.
- Prepaid cards. A prepaid card can be loaded with cash and mailed to your recipient. They can then use it to withdraw money from an ATM or make purchases in-store or online. Most cards have transaction limits, such as how much can be loaded and how much can be withdrawn in one go or within a day.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from Australia to arrive in Zimbabwe?
The time frame will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Zimbabwe if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Zimbabwe from Australia?
Yes, sending money to Zimbabwe from Australia is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Zimbabwe from Australia?
Yes, it is possible to purchase a money order in Australia and send it to Zimbabwe via postal mail or tracked courier. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office or similar agency.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Zimbabwe from Australia?
Yes. Some online transfer services allow you to fund a money transfer to Zimbabwe with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Zimbabwe from Australia?
Cryptocurrencies are unregulated in Zimbabwe, but the government cautions individuals about their use, citing possibilities of terrorism financing and fraud.