Are you looking for the best way to send money from Australia to a family member, friend, or business in Jordan?
Recipients will get more dinars for the same amount of dollars when you send money to Jordan from Australia with an online international money transfer service due to their more competitive exchange rates and lower transfer fees.
Need to transfer money to Jordan from Australia?
Best ways to send money to Jordan
Compare more money transfer services before you send money to Jordan.
First time sending?
How to send money to Jordan from Australia
Money transfer services provide a convenient, fast, and cheap way to send money to Jordan from Australia. This step-by-step process explains how it works if you've never used one.
- Choose a money transfer service. On this page, you can find reputable money transfer services that can help you send money to Jordan.
- Open an account. This will usually involve providing some personal information and proof of identification.
- Set up the transfer. Specify how much the recipient should receive, enter their details, and configure delivery options.
- Fund the transfer. Bank transfers and debit cards are widely accepted, with some services accepting credit cards too.
- Send. Once initiated, you'll be able to track its progress online. You may be able to share a tracking link with the recipient.
What are the fees and charges?
Costs for sending money to Jordan from Australia
- Service fee. The amount of money a money transfer service charges to send will vary depending on the amount of money being sent, how it is being delivered, and how the transaction is being funded.
- Collection fee. Charged to pick up cash.
- Delivery fee. Charged to have cash delivered to the recipient’s address.
- Cash advance fee. Set by the credit card issuer when funding a money transfer with a credit card. Cash advance interest will be applied additionally.
- Exchange rate. When you send large amounts of money abroad, the exchange rate can significantly impact how much your recipient will get.
Looking for other options?
Alternative ways to send money to Jordan from Australia
Here are some possible alternatives to using an online money transfer service to send money to Jordan.
- Bank transfer. Sending money with your bank may be easy, but it is typically more expensive, slower, and less flexible than an international money transfer service.
- Crypto. If the recipient can accept crypto, this can be a very cheap and fast option. However, the Central Bank of Jordan prohibits financial institutions from trading crypto but does not ban it at the retail level (i.e. customer to customer). Transferring a stablecoin such as USDT or BUSD can help mitigate the risk of the recipient losing money in a volatile market.
- Money orders. One of the oldest ways to send funds overseas. Once you buy the money order in Australia, you can send it to your recipient in Jordan through postal mail or courier services. The recipient can cash the money order at any post office.
- Money transfer agents. Located in most large towns and cities. Check that there is one near the recipient so they can collect the funds. Useful if the recipient has no bank account or wants to collect cash quickly.
- Prepaid cards. These can be loaded with cash and used to withdraw money at an ATM in Jordan. Check for any limitations on where the card can be used and how much cash can be withdrawn in one go or within a day. Unsuitable for remitting large amounts.
Still not sure?
How long does it take for money sent from Australia to arrive in Jordan?
The time frame will depend on the method used to send the money. For example, a bank transfer can take a few days, while money sent with a money transfer service can arrive within minutes.
Can I send money to Jordan if the recipient has no bank account?
Yes. You can still send money through a transfer service if the recipient has no bank account. The sender can configure the money transfer so the recipient can collect cash from a specific location, or a courier can deliver the cash. Alternatively, you could use a money order, send crypto, or even send a prepaid card.
Is it safe to send money to Jordan from Australia?
Yes, sending money to Jordan from Australia is safe when you use a reputable company. We only list established money transfer services on Finty.
Can I send a money order to Jordan from Australia?
Yes, it is possible to purchase a money order in Australia and send it to Jordan via postal mail or tracked courier. The recipient can then cash the money order at a bank, credit union, local post office, etc.
Can I use my credit card to send money to Jordan from Australia?
Yes. You can fund a money transfer to Jordan with a credit card. However, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee since the transaction will most likely be classified as a cash equivalent. Additionally, the transaction will immediately incur interest at the cash advance rate.
Can I send cryptocurrency to Jordan from Australia?
Yes, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum can be sent to Jordan from Australia. However, the central bank of Jordan prohibits financial institutions from trading crypto but does not ban it at the retail level (i.e. customer to customer).